Are you left handed?

by JimmyPage 49 Replies latest jw friends

• only me
    only me

I'm a leftie and I've always liked it except for the smearing while writing thing.

I played violin when I was in school, I did have a left handed violin and the teacher just used the mirror method.

For guitar I would suggest trying the regular way to see if he can learn that, if not you can buy leftie guitars or just reverse the strings and use the mirror method.

Kurt Cobain and Paul McCartney both played left handed guitars and I'm sure there are many other too.

• free2think
    free2think
    Whew! I'm glad. Maybe it was self abuse that was a problem. Oh well, always learning new things here. Thanks to all.

Again i have to question where you get your information.

• watson
    watson

Free2think,

You are obviously a VERY functional leftie.

• delilah
    delilah

I have heard that lefties tend to be communists and have difficulty with foreplay.

um....not true......and being a lefty has NOT interfered with living a normal life at all!!

...hey...how do you use the quote thingy???

• free2think
    free2think

LOL Watson, i'm a genius.

Delilah you go into styles and select quote.
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Lefty here!

Well, actually a broken over ambi !

I broke my right arm at age 6, in the first grade. Before that I could alternate hands to write and so forth. The break did not heal right, so it had to be reset. So, I missed 12 weeks of practice with my right hand. When the cast came off - I was a lefty.

But - I do many things with either hand, or my dominant hand is not always the left one. I bat right handed. I pitch/catch like a lefty. I play golf right handed. I bowl left handed. I use a hammer with either hand, but favor my right. I shoot a bow right handed, but a rifle left handed.

My dad calls me 'unconventional' - I don't know if that little wild hair that makes me do things in a bit more creative manner than some is from being left-handed or not. But I rarely see things in the same way as general society.

Some tools are harder to work with if you favor the left - skill saws and chain saws for instance. Bolt action rifles and golf clubs, baseball gloves, are available in lefty - but not as popular. This can work out well in some cases. Sometimes online you can find real deals on lefty stuff that doesn't move as fast - other times it is more costly.

Overall - especially now when kids are not being 'retrained' to be right handed - there is little criticism, or problems in getting through life as a left handed member of society.

We are raising our grandkids, and one of them is left handed. SO far we have seen no problems from that. But I continue to watch him develop to see if it will change later [he is 4 and in preschool]. I worry that I won't be able to teach him to play golf [he loves it] as well, since I play right-handed. But I am making him clubs that are right handed to see if he prefers that direction in golf, since he seems ambidextrious in that sport so far. If not - I guess I will have to teach him mirror image fashion. Or learn to play lefthanded myself [which I did in high school before I dropped the sport for 25 years to concentrate on being a good dubbie].

Nice thread.

Jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

South Paws are the agents of the devil!

• watson
    watson

Copy and Paste what you want to quote.

Highlight it.

Go up the the "Styles" box. Hit the drop arrow. Hit "Quote."

That should get you the raised box quote.

• AK - Jeff
  • Priest73
    Priest73

I'm a lefty, and I swear to god I have the most horrific time with a can opener. Nutty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit