Notice the major u-turn in the March study WT???

by Amha·’aret 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

1925? Well done very interesting...they are trying to be more "honest" since the history "whitewash" doesn't work anymore.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yknot,

:My next suggestion.....Bring back Clayton's Calendar!

That calendar was so wacky that even JFR thought it was ridiculous. He sent poor Clayton back to his room, where Clayton took a nap. His head was pointed north, of course, and he fell asleep reading his feng shui book after drink a nice glass of "sun water."

Then again, dubs are so out-of-the-world anyway, that following a calendar which would make it impossible to know what day or month it is in the real world doesn't seem that far-fetched.

Farkel

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    All I have to ask is, "How is any of this so-called message - simple, as Jesus said his message was?" There is so much mental gymnastics, twisting of history and facts, rehashed and recyled articles, how in the hell can anyone keep all of this straight?

As I am sure this is quite clear to everyone here, it is because the Governing Body has evolved into liars. They took the position a long time ago that they had to be seen as correct and viewed as a prophet.

The lie wasn't in the unfulfilled prophecy in 1914. The lie occurred after when they tried to save face. They have kept that CYA attitude ever since.

As is the case with all liars, to explain your way out of one lie, you generally have to lie again. And again. And again.

Forget anything about what Jesus said. These guys have started from the presumption that they are the true religion, regardless of false claims and mistakes, and they go from there. Facts be damned! Biblical precedent be damned! It starts with their authority. That is the first consideration to any decision of the Governing Body: "How will the affect our reputation and authority?" not "Is this the honest and right thing to do?"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

[Thomas Daniels] posts on here from time to time. But, I'll let him self-identify if he wants to. I think his paper is one of the best presentations on the subject and likely to provide an open minded JW with a lot to think about.

Yes, it's a well-written paper. I've referred to it quite a bit. It was startling to see that even in published personal experiences history is rewritten. Was it poor memory or editorial 'correction'? Hmm.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Astrology and Numerology = Divination. Last time I checked, divination was detestable to God.

Sure "Generation of 1914" will see Armageddon, er some of them, okay let's just omit that part ... Jesus "invisible" Presense in "1914"... and it took him 5 years to find drunken Rutherford in "1919" .... yeah, sure. No one can see the "invisible" and no one claims God talks to them. Then the Patriarchs were coming back in 1925, so let's build them a million dollar home in the US 'cause they'll certainly want to live there and not Israel.

Always wrong, always guessing with dates, times, and signs from the moon. Moonbats!

I have no idea why the WTBS insists on practicing its divination. They don't know any more than my dog on the subject. They simply made up "Jesus' invisible presense". Purely a JW construct with no scriptural support.

If we spit in the air enough, something is bound to fall in our faces.

• steve2
    steve2

Let's not forget that decades before 1914 Charles Russell made a HUGE doctrine based on the Greek word "parousia" (from memory) which he translated as "(invisible )presence". Long before 1914, he was preaching and teaching that Christ was already present, ruling in Heaven having been so since 1974.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

It seems to be well settled now in the minds of the anointed

First off, good thread! The above quote from the 1925 book has got to be one of the most incongruous statements to be made by a spirit-directed organization that I have ever seen. Is it well-settled in their minds or does it just seem to be well-settled??? If they're spirit-directed, why does it need settling in the first place? Who writes this drivel? Anyhow, to think that some 7 million sheeple allow themselves (of which I was one for some 40+ years) to be directed by this mumbo-jumbo is truly mind-boggling.

I may be in the minority here, but this is how I am beginning to see some of the recent "changes" a la shortened meetings, consolidation of the book study, etc. Apostate at the helm or not, someone in the higher echelons seems to be doing all they can to wake up as many as still have a mildly functioning brain, probably because rank and file waking up singly, painful as it may be, is still preferable to mass hordes feeling scammed and lied to all at once, which will be inevitable once the whole house of cards comes tumbling down, probably in the next 5 years or less. The gig is up, and THEY KNOW IT!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems that they are contradicting themselves. And this time, they are not going to get away with it as cleanly as they did in 1975.

• oompa
    oompa

i think i may have missed it or forgot it.......oompa

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just reading and trying to make sense of all the dates from the WTS always gave me headaches. Still does. It does seem that they all contradict each other.

Maybe Renaii could straighten it all out for us. Where is she?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit