Notice the major u-turn in the March study WT???

by Amha·’aret 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Well the concept that Christ was now 'reigning' since 1914 makes it's first appearance in the April 1, 1922 WT on page 108, in the article entitled "Messiah's Kingdom Foreshadowed".

Prior to this the date of reign began in 1878........

I know I suggested that the WT articles could be recycled from older ones..........but I didn't think the lurkers would take me little ole me seriously!

So I wanna tell yall lurkers Thanks! You have just given me a gem of WT trivia for FS (Fake Service), and to share with my momineers WT prep group!.......cheers yall!

My next suggestion.....Bring back Clayton's Calendar! (he he I already made some for my FS group for the new year!)

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

http://www.archive.org/details/HistoricalIdealismAndJehovahsWitnesses

Great paper.

Who is Thomas Daniels?

He posts on here from time to time. But, I'll let him self-identify if he wants to. I think his paper is one of the best presentations on the subject and likely to provide an open minded JW with a lot to think about.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I honestly couldnt pick up a mag and read - i'd vomit over it. That whole paragraph didn't actually say anything - 100 or so words and there is really nothing of substance in it. They spew forth meaningless words.

Be vigilant - my cousin said that to me the last time we had weed cookies - I nearly peed myself laughing as he was being so serious and I had major giggles.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

All I have to ask is, "How is any of this so-called message - simple, as Jesus said his message was?" There is so much mental gymnastics, twisting of history and facts, rehashed and recyled articles, how in the hell can anyone keep all of this straight?

Jesus said his message was simple. The WTS has made such a mess of this and their history that it is all an entangled mess of possible duality of prophecy, timelines, dates, times and half times, types and anti-types, interpretations, mistranslations, etc. And JW's want to tell people that if they don't accept or listen to this message of confusion, that they are doomed by YHWH God to eternal destruction? No freakin' way! No way could a loving God or a loving Messiah expect people to swallow all of this gibberish or else die. There has got be grace and divine understanding in here somewhere for many of the thinking "Worldy" people that can't accept this mish-mash of confusion as biblical, divinely inspired truth.

Just reading through this thread gives me a headache, and makes me wonder outloud again how my poor parents got sucked into this cult???? Unbelievable.

- Wing Commander

• Borgia
    Borgia

Very good for the WTS to have seen the light in 1925. So they did not have a clue as to what the significance was of 1914, 1919 at least not untill 1925......This looks very favorably on them......

As a matter of fact: I was under the impression that Freddy wrote in the gods 1000 year reign book (the yellow one) that the matter (1874 or 1914) was definately put to bed in 1943..........

Reminds me.....did they not say millions now living will never die?

Cheers

Borgia

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

And, remember the average Witness is pretty clueless about the whole 1874/1914/1918 chronology and the issues behind these dates. <br><br>I doubt that most would be able to correctly identify that the Watchtower was originally titled 'The Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence'.

• steve2
    steve2

Specifying the year 1925 is a simple whitewash. As the above quotes from the Watchtower literature amply show, right up until 1929, they still taught that 1799 was the start of the time of the end.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Was the date of this return or "invisible presence" based on pyramid measurements or sun spots?

What was the catalyst for choosing this date?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Looks like there slipping....hehe

h4o

• Roddy
    Roddy

I agree. I think they are in a slow scheme to phase out the 1914 year. I think they feel pretty confident that 2014 will come and pass. And "the generation" - any way they want to spin it - will most likely be all gone and buried.

Alas! I was so fooled. I should have bailed out when 1975 came and went. I have to laugh at myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit