by flipper 62 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Shawshank Redemption

Galaxy Quest

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

The Unforgiven

Rocky ONE

Duel (Dennis Weaver being stalked by a tanker truck driver)

• kazar
    kazar

Reservoir Dogs

Memento

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf

The Birdcage

Barton Fink

Goodfellas

The Manchurian Candidate (Lawrence Harvey and Frank Sinatra version)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My new fave: The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons

Yes! Wasn't that TERRIFIC???

My alltime fave is Imitation of Life. There are SO many I really enjoyed though.

I liked The Changeling with Angelina Jolie recently, and Australia with Nicole Kidman. Both very heavy but GOOD.

I thought WALL-E was very well done.....and would watch it again to see all the things I missed, LOL! There was a LOT of thought that went into the production (and the nuances) of that movie.

• choosing life
    choosing life

DaCheech, I love what's eating gilbert grape. Johny Depp at his finest.

Fried Green Tomatos, Meet Joe Black, Thelma and Louise are all memorable. i like quirky movies that make me think.

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- Most all the movies on your list I liked too !

MEGAFLOWER- Gone with the Wind was a classic !

SOONER 7C- Sling Blade was great with Billy Bob ! O Brother, Where Art Thou with Clooney was very good too. Young Frankenstein and Fargo are way high on my list too !

KEYSER SOZE- Raiders of the Lost Ark - definitely a classic.

OTWO- My wife and I just watched Duel with Dennis Weaver this past weekend. I taped it years ago on VHS. Creepy movie ! Steven Speilberg's first movie he directed I believe .

CHOOSING LIFE- What's Eating Gilbert Grape is a terrific movie ! Fried Green Tomatoes was good too

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sling Blade is an awesome movie. Being southern, I love southern movies made by southerners that capture the atmosphere of southern towns and people. Billy Bob Thornton is a genius. (Didn't care for Bad Santa though)

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- Very true. Sling Blade is a great movie ! Mrs. Flipper saw it for the first time about a year ago as I had it in my collection on VHS. She really liked it too. I can do a great Billy Bob imitation where he says in the movie, " yup, I killed him . " Voice is a dead ( no pun intended ) ringer. LOL! We enjoy movies about the south also.It's one reason we like Oh Brother, Where Art Thou so much too. Plus the blues music in it. Another great movie about the south was " Black Snake Moan " with Samual Jackson and Christina Ricci , if you ever get a chance to see it. The soundtrack is awesome ! Total blues- and Samuel Jackson plays guitar on about 4 or 5 songs on the CD ! Liked it so much we bought the CD. Pretty interesting kinky soul searching plot to the movie too ! Good film

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Caliber, I love Shawshank Redemption and I also love the movie The Green Mile.

I liked Leonardo DiCaprio in The Aviator. I also loved him in Gilbert Grape and Titanic. My son looks like him. I get a catch in my heart everytime I see Leo, it's like looking at Jesse.

• crapola
    crapola

Has anyone ever see "Legend of Boggy Creek"? It's an old movie filmed in Arkansas about Big Foot. My kids always enjoyed it.

• crapola
    crapola

I like this new site. Fantastic!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit