Your Favorite Movies of All Time ?

by flipper 62 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I know we've had this thread before - but thought I'd be the first on the new board ! Some of my top picks as follows. More to come.

1. Jaws

2. The Green Mile

3. Deliverance

4. The Edge

5. What Lies Beneath

Those are some of my favorites. What about you folks ? Look forward to hearing from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ninja
    ninja

it changes all the time flippy mate.......but todays lot

donnie darko

dead mans shoes

city of god

goodfellas

the man who would be king

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Long Kiss Good Night

Bound

The Godfather Pt 1 and 2

Pulp Fiction

Deep Impact

Crimson Tide

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am a big fan of the Bourne movies.

I thought Downfall about Hitler in the bunker was good too.

When I was younger I loved westerns with native Americans in them. Favourites were Son of the Morning Star about Custer at The Little Bighorn and Distant Drums about the Seminoles.

I am not a big fan of horrors or thrillers but I did quite like The Frailty and No Country for Old Men recently. And Evil set in Sweden about growing up and going to a boarding school. For comedy I quite liked Millions which made a few good jokes about Mormons that could apply equally to JWs.

My problem is I can never remember film much I just enjoy them in the moment. I had to rack my brain to think of some I remembered liking.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is funny Ninja mentioned Donnie Darko - I almost picked that up at Blockbuster the other day to buy on the strength of his avatar. I think I will buy it next time. I noticed reading on the back it is all about a boy who thinks he has discovered a big conspiracy or something.

Plus I loved The Man Who Would Be King too - a classic!

I just remembered I really liked The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins about an old man from New Zealand travelling to the US to beat a speed record.

Plus I love all the Star Trek movies obviously, apart from the silly one where Kirk meets God I did not care than much for.

• wobble
    wobble

Muppet Christmas Movie,so many plot twists and sub-plots,and literary references!

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Godfather I and II

Tombstone

The Family Stone (great Christmas movie)

The Good Shepherd

Goodfella's

Beautiful Girls (mid 90's, Matt Dillon, Tim Hutton, Rosie O Donnell)

• cawshun
    cawshun

Rain Man

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Pretty Woman

The Way We Were

Erin Brockovicz

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

star wars (preferably Ret. of Jedi)

rain man

lord of the rings