Did you know? Jah and Jesus are present invisibly at the meetings.

by Trevor Scott 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74
    They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures.

is it just me or is this an admission that the writing dept. can write "untruth" if not carefully monitored? Sure, the GB says they are "not infallable", but have they ever said that the writing dept. makes mistakes that they have to catch? That even the writing dept doesnt fully understand what the FDS/GB teach as truth?

• freetosee
    freetosee

Trevor, thanks for the scriptural clarification. You are right! I was reflecting back how I may have tried to answer as a jw. I hope some jws may read this and the many other threads. As a last resort the dubs are “trained” to say “that was old light!” or “the brooklyn brothers dont claim to be perfect!”. To me invisibly present clearly means in person! fts

• Gordy
    Gordy

On Matt 18:20 which reads

Jesus says:

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" NIV

"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." NASB

"For wherever two or three are gathered (drawn together as My followers) in (into) My name, there I AM in the midst of them." Amplified Bible

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." KJV

In whose name are they supposed to have gathered together?

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

fts, my bad. I misunderstood when you said "As a jw". Your observations about the JWs are spot on.

Gordy, good point. Jehovah's Witnesses certainly aren't gathered together in Christ's name.

Peace.

• freetosee
    freetosee

No, I think this is a great find and a good thread! Sorry, my English is not as good as it was years ago. I am often misunderstood because of that. Some act like jwd police or elders, you didn't! :-)

• dogon
    dogon

you know what they say about people who are adult and have invisible friends? They belong in the rubber room!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit