Did you know? Jah and Jesus are present invisibly at the meetings.

by Trevor Scott 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Looking for thoughts on this statement. Given that WT doctrine holds that Jah is NOT omnipresent, and Jesus is of course just a lowly angel who doesn't even have "holy spirit" at his disposal let alone omnipresence, how can it be said they are "present invisibly" at the meetings?

Since they are not omnipresent and can't be at every meeting, how can it be said that by not attending meetings JWs are "snubbing them"?

Thoughts? Anyone ever hear about this doctine before?

*** w85 12/15 p. 7 How You Can Show Gratitude for What Jesus Did ***

Christian meetings are a way by which we can maintain proper esteem. Since Jehovah and Jesus are present invisibly at these gatherings, grateful Christians will not snub them, as the apostates do, but rather do all they reasonably can to attend regularly.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    w85 12/15 p. 7 How You Can Show Gratitude for What Jesus Did ***

Christian meetings are a way by which we can maintain proper esteem. Since Jehovah and Jesus are present invisibly at these gatherings, grateful Christians will not snub them, as the apostates do, but rather do all they reasonably can to attend regularly

o good lord...... its always something with them. Always a way to guilt people into action....

• minimus
    minimus

They have to be omnipresent. Good catch.

• loosie
    loosie

I thought God was omnipresent.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

According to Watchtower doctrine, God is not omnipresent:

*** ka chap. 6 p. 98 par. 39 Priests for Ten Centuries with No Scheming Priestcraft ***

The Most High God has always had a place of residence in heaven. He is not an all-pervasive spirit that is omnipresent, present everywhere at the same time. Being an intelligent Person, he has his location, his place of residence where he can be approached.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    I thought God was omnipresent.

Common sense would establish that an ominipotent God would be. But, this would not fit with Watchtower teachings. If God were omnipresent, then Christians would not have to be guided through Watchtower articles and assembly talks. The Governing Body are God-brokers for the rank and file. If one is in unity with an omnipresent God, then they would not need the yoke of Brooklyn-based salvation merchants.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good Question, TS.

And since there are constantly meetings going on somewhere that they MUST attend, how are Jah and Jesus going to also be invisibly present in our bedrooms to monitor any hanky-panky deserving of Armageddonly destruction?

B the X

• rebel8
    rebel8

"grateful Christians will not snub them, as the apostates do"

How does a person snub invisible silent beings exactly?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

You have got to be kidding me! I'm always amazed at the crap that comes out of the WTBTS, it's truely amazing

nj

• Honesty
    Honesty

I don't snub them.

I am at all the meetings with them...

invisibly so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit