Did you know? Jah and Jesus are present invisibly at the meetings.

by Trevor Scott 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Marking for the excellent quotes.

My, what a quandery for jw's! What would a current r & f say about this? If their jah is not omnipresent and has a 'location' (like the Pliedes?) He could not be present at every kh either, correct? Obviously He could only be at one kh at a time. Maybe they should draw straws for who gets to have jah present at their meeting.

• minimus
    minimus

A writer goofed.

• horrible life
    horrible life

And since there are constantly meetings going on somewhere that they MUST attend, how are Jah and Jesus going to also be invisibly present in our bedrooms to monitor any hanky-panky deserving of Armageddonly destruction?

B the X

Billy, All of that guilt, over and over, and over and over, and they weren't even watching!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, the good news is there's plenty of empty seats for them to pick from.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Just to chip in a bit further, Christ said he'd be with two or more believers who are gathered in his, not Jehovah's, name.

He promised he'd send, from the Father, the Holy Spirit. So, if the WTS wanted to, it could call on these promised to cite that God is in their midst at the meetings. However, that would throw up two problems;
    - they'd have to admit that Jesus is God
    - they'd have to admit that the Holy Spirit is God

It would also give them further problems in that they say only the anointed Christians can have the Holy Spirit, and while the number of memorial partakers is increasing, it isn't at the point where there's an anointed JW in every congregation around the planet, thus allowing Jehovah, via the presence of the Holy Spirit, to be there.

So, by their own teachings - and by their own refusal to accept scriptural truth - no, Jehovah and Jesus are most certainly not at their meetings.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is news to me. I was raised a Witness and I never knew they thought Jehovah was not omnipresent. How bizarre.

It does, however, make the schizophrenic antics of the Old Testament Jehovah a lot more plausible. I always wondered why an omniscient god needed Abraham to talk him into looking for a righteous man in Sodom and Gomorrah.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

pp, great points. Of course, they'd also have to admit that Jah and Jesus are OMNIPRESENT, since they otherwise couldn't be present with every gathering of believers as indicated in scripture. Quite a quandary indeed.

Billy and sacolton, too funny guys!

Trevor.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

min,

A writer goofed.

But what about the GB members who "scrutinize" the articles before they go out?

*** w59 10/1 p. 607 Questions From Readers ***

Regardless of who may write certain articles, they are checked carefully by members of the governing body before they are published; so they are properly viewed as coming from the Society.

*** w87 3/1 p. 15 par. 18 ‘Upon the Watchtower I Am Standing’ ***

Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. Furthermore, those who assist in writing articles for The Watchtower are Christian elders who appreciate the seriousness of their assignment. (Compare 2 Chronicles 19:7.) They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures.

Hey maybe the GB is following Jah's lead and invisibly attending those proof-reading sessions...

• OBVES
    OBVES

Since we live in the endtimes we should expect the best understanding of the Bible the closer we get to the very end - Daniel 12.4,9 .

God Yahweh is the only true God as Jesus said in John 17.3 . God of Jesus and Israel fills up the whole universe which means literally He is present everywhere always .Every particle of the universe is being sustained by that Wonderful God . Every snowflake ,raindrop He creates and guids to the earth ! How many of them in just one spot when we look ! This is God I am serving !

So God penetrates all places ,all bodies be it believers or atheists and yet we read in the Bible God lives in those who worship Him in truth.

That must be an arrangement most people don't understand . God made many arrangements we must look for in His Word the Bible.The words like God used in the Bible must be read in the proper light of the Bible .

Once you properly understand the Bible you will know that Yahweh is GOD but Jesus is God and these two are different and thanks to English language I could express that difference by making distinction in writing these two words.

If Jehovah's Witnesses are true christian religion there must be God present there and Jesus Christ as some verses from the Bible could be used to prove that . John 14.23 is a beautiful example God and Jesus abide in true christians . And we must simply identify who are those true christians . If a religion is not accepted by God then we can say God Yahweh and Jesus are not present there .

Jesus is not GOD but God and it has spiritual meaning just as Jesus is adopted son of God - the first one of the New Testament so can be called the Son as the sign of distinction. And God Yahweh can do all things for him what Jesus asks so Jesus can know what he wants to know .This way he can know all things but not all at once as he is a human being perfected once for all the time .

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

They wouldn't need to admit that Jesus and Jehovah are omnipresent if they were to admit that the Holy Spirit is God. If the Holy Spirit is God and it dwells among all Christians, then God would be among all worshipers at all times, even in JW meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit