Did you know? Jah and Jesus are present invisibly at the meetings.

by Trevor Scott 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freetosee
    freetosee

As a jw I would try to explain the invisible presents like this: Just like jesus is invisibly ruling since 1914 by turning his attention towards the earth so too jah and jesus are invisibly present at meetings in that they are attentive to what is said and done. Remember, going to the kh is like going to jahs house, what the speaker says is coming from jah! The invitation and admonishment comes directly from jah and his son. Apostates do everything they can in order to ridicule and poison healthy and wholesome spiritual food...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, Jesus handled the microphones at my old Kingdom Hall. He was so meek and humble; he set a good example.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In fact, I am snubbing that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah. Jesus? That is another issue--Jesus and Satan effectively tried to teach the same thing.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Maybe god travels from congregation to congregation with a schedule similar to a circuit overseer?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...or a schedule similar to Santa Claus'?

• freetosee
    freetosee

Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them," {Matt 18:20}.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

freetosee, thanks. To clarify, you believe that Jesus is not actually there at the KH, but rather that he has "turned his attention" to each and every meeting. Is this correct?

I ask because Matt 18:20 says that Jesus is "there in the midst of them"; lit "there I am in [the] midst of them". There is no clearer way in the Greek language that Jesus could have expressed his intent to be there in the midst of them. Compare Lk 24:36:

While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be to you."

Do you interpret the above passage to mean that Jesus, from some other location, "turned his attention" to the disciples' gathering? I doubt that you do. So why do you give the exact same expression at Matt 18:20 a completely different meaning? Isn't the truth of the matter simply that a literal interpretation of Matt 18:20 destroys a Watchtower doctrine while a literal interpretation of Luke 24:36 does not?

I prefer scripture to shape my doctrines rather than the other way around.

Peace.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Thats why they canceled the Book study in individual homes, Jeehober was getting tired and those gas prices.....

BTS

• VM44
    VM44

Wishful thinking on the part of The Watchtower

What proof do they give that indicates BOTH Jehovah and Jesus are invisibly present at the meetings?

Or are these words simply the empty writings of someone sitting at a typewriter and nothing more?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Jah Brother Hounder and Jesus Sister Gossip are present invisibly at the meetings.

There, fixed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit