Honestly, Would You Have Secretly Taken a Blood Transfusion?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When I was a believer, I doubt I would have taken a blood transfusion.

But after 1976, I realized I had to distance myself and control what I allowed into my brain.

I had seen and heard enough by 83 to say I quit and would never go back.

I dont think I would have taken a transfussion until I quit.

But I realized by going to the meetings I was being a bad example husband and father to my wife and son.

By going to the meetings I was condoning dangerous bullshxt and there is enough bullshxt in the world without going out of the way to bring it into the home and exposing my family to it.

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

As a good and obedient Dub, If a handful of men living in Brooklyn didn't change their minds I would have spent years on dialysis and dealing with all the complications that came with it The quality of life between dialysis and a transplant is the difference between being imprisoned and freedom. I can’t believe I accepted whatever they said without question, but I did.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, THEY speak for God, silly. God can change His mind anytime he wants!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

When I went in for surgeries I made no mention of being a Witness. Truth is no one would have known. My wife was out of the loop, and I would have requested no visitors for a while. The chances of anyone finding out is actually quite small. JWs are scared because they believe "Jehovah's eyes are upon them".

Isaac

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No. Never. Didn't matter if nobody else was around - God was watching and I would have done nothing to dishonor him according to what I was taught.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I always had in the back of my mind that I would take a transfusion if necessary, and if I got DF'd, I'd repent and return. At least I'd be alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit