Honestly, Would You Have Secretly Taken a Blood Transfusion?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I was flummoxed. To tattle or not.

I didn't tattle. I'm so thankful.

• Purza
    Purza

Nope, I would have not have taken a blood tranfusion. I would have had the hospital liason there supporting me. What a sucker I was.

However,

Well, I would be hesitant to get someone else's blood. I guess that I am still conditioned to feel this way.

I still feel this way too. The conditioning is hard to get past. I don't even give blood despite the fact that my husband gives blood on a schedule and my father-in-law had a plaque with his name on it for giving so much blood to the blood bank.

Purza

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When I was a litle more dedicated I would have not taken blood. But, I don't think I could have let my wife and kids die no matter what. Now, being on the other end of the stick I wouldn't let anyone die if I could help it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Believing that God will punish you for taking certain components of blood but not punish you for taking other blood components is downright dumb."

Or God is dumb. Either way we have no reason to heed this idiotic rule! :)

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Did so when Dr said it was necessary

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

No, I would have died, and worse would have allowed my wife and kids to die.

I was never on the HLC but I have accompanied sisters to see doctors to explain the Society's blood policies.

Fortunately, my kids are grown and all have left the 'truth' but my wife is still in and I know that she would die rather than have whole blood. I have spoken with her about the fractions thing and how unclear/ridiculous the Society's current policy is but she still does not get the point.

• mind my own
    mind my own

There is no way that I would have at the time, I believed that 100%. I would consider it now but I still have part of that brainwashing in-tact. It would be a difficult decision for me...

MMO

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

When I was 13 I had emergency surgery and when I went to the OR still awake I asked the nurse if she would give me blood if I needed it? She said your parents don't want you to have blood sweetie but I can ask again. I didn't want them to know I had asked for it, I just thought if I said yes they would give it to me. The nurse told the physician and the last thing I remembered before going to sleep was him saying don't worry about it I'll take good care of you and I'll see you when you wake up.

Turns out I didn't need it, my stupid parents would have let me die.

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((ex-nj-jw)))))))

I pray for forgiveness for myself and your parents and all victims of deception.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

We've come a long way, baby!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit