Honestly, Would You Have Secretly Taken a Blood Transfusion?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

While I was an active JW elder, I wouldn't have up until that last year. That's when I was totally mentally out, just going thru the technicalities. I still respect other JW's viewpoints on their not accepting blood----although I think they are terribly misguided.

How RIDICULOUS the whole "scriptural prohibition" is!

So, would you have accepted blood if you could've done it on the QT?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely yes if I knew there was no chance of anybody else finding out

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would have refused blood. I would have died.

I was a 100% Kool-Aid drinking cult member.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

After researching the vagueness of the WT policy on accepting blood fractions, and the vagueness expressed by Witness leadership when asked legitimate questions by medical professionals; yes I would have taken a blood transfusion the last 3 years that I was an elder. I even had a pioneer sister (an RN) asking me how she could explain this policy to medical people she worked with. I had the medical directive (blood card) talk one year and that was all it took.

• blondie
    blondie

I think each person has to make the best MEDICAL decision for themselves not a so-called religious one. I would have had a transfusion if it had been medically sound.

Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well you already know what my answer is!

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, knowing what you know, you'd still risk death if it were a matter of someone finding out???

• blondie
    blondie

Are people worried that God will find out or jws?

• minimus
    minimus

JWs

• blondie
    blondie
    (Ezekiel 8:12) 12 And he proceeded to say to me: "Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit