I confess - I LIKE fruitcake

by Nathan Natas 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Do you? Who, in your opinion, makes the best fruitcake?

If you don't, you can send your doorstops to me. I'll douse 'em in rum, brandy or bourbon and then have them with a cup of tea.

*HIC*

Who said that?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I remember my sister made one once many many years ago. The ONLY thing I actually remember about the process, is the wrapping and unwrapping of cheesecloth, and the pouring of booze.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

the pouring of booze
    YES! One of the five hallowed tradions of an orthodox Festivus!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I can eat it if I'm hungry enough.

• lisavegas420
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I like fruitcake if it is moist enough and soaked in rum or brandy. I do not like a dry one.

The problem is, if I eat one then since there are only 5 fuitcakes in the world that keep getting passed around as a gift, someone has to bake a new one somewhere to make up for the one I took out of circulation.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I like it too.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I love fruitcake. I also know that I'm in the minority. Most people laugh at it and hate it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I like the flavor of fruitcake but not the texture.

Have you ever tried pannetone, Nathan? Delish. Same sort of flavors, but lighter texture.

• Matty
    Matty

The general dislike of fruitcake seems to be an almost uniquely American thing - I don't really understand it. In Europe different styles of fruitcake are widely available and enjoyed throughout the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit