I confess - I LIKE fruitcake

by Nathan Natas 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

What I think is better than fruitcake, is warmed up chocolate rum cake with a scoop of ice cream on top,

I've even drizzled a little over-proof rum on it when its placed in a bowl and light it, it will flame up for a few seconds

and warm it up even more, then place the ice cream on top ........and wow

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Collin Street Fruitcake is a little pricey, but it is truly one of the best out there! It is LOADED with fresh Pecans, and the dried fruit is really good. I can eat a whole one within a few days! The taste and texture is WAY better than store bought! And, they will ship anywhere...

http://www.collinstreet.com/pages/deluxe_fruitcake

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NN..I hate Fruit Cake..LOL!!..I`ve always wondered who ate all the Fruit Cake..Now I know..It`s Fruit Cake eater`s,that eat Fruit Cake!!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Scully
    Scully

I like it too. Especially if it has a layer of marzipan on top.

• changeling
    changeling

My only "christmas" memory as a JW kid was of my grandmother (non-JW) sending her homemade fruitcake to us every year. I always liked it. But I'm wierd.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Ok, I'm taking down all your names....

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The real secret of a good fruitcake is not to use any PEEL.

This quickly turns bitter.

Do not use raisins. Use the same wieght of sultanas only.

Add an extra egg. and 1/2 tspn extra of baking powder.

Americans like their baking moist, so add an ounce extra of butter.

The real secret of this truly english confection is in the mixing. a VERY long process, with a SPOON not a mixer.

Use a slightly cooler oven and bake longer so the outside doesnt go too burnt.

HB

• horrible life
    horrible life

I like fruitcake, with lots of pecans. But when I get to those green candied fruits, I pick them out. Can't remember if I don't like them, or just can't stand to eat a green nugget.

• oompa
    oompa

i did not even read this thread....which is VERY RARE!...but my JW mum makes a non baked fruitcake that is TOO DIE FOR!....there is prob nobody here that would not covet this for a lovely moment with tea or coffee......amazing.......oompa...really......

• Quester55
    Quester55

I love fruitcake too. Always have, even as a little kid.

Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit