Why I suspect most people do not really believe in god

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Bible in Basic English
    "And that we may be made free from foolish and evil men; for not all have faith." - 2 Thessalonians 3:2

Geneva Study Bible

And that we may be delivered from {a} unreasonable and wicked men: {2} for all men have not faith.

(a) Who do not do or care about their duty.

(2) It is no wonder that the Gospel is hated by so many, seeing that faith is a rare gift of God. Nonetheless, the Church will never be destroyed by the multitude of the wicked, because it is grounded and stayed upon the faithful promise of God.

BA- Tellin' it like it is.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Elsewhere..I`ve never thought about that,in those terms..I believe the people who act in the way you describe,have not thought about that either.....I would have to agree with you..They really don`t believe in God..They just don`t comprehend it..LOL!!..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm thinking people think they will deal with God in eternity.

They are worried about dealing with man in real time.

Many beliefs speak of a forgiving God, Even Hitler made it to heaven.

Bush will be there to both of them.

You really have to screw up to go to hell.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Shameless BTTT.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I grow up believing in god. When I left the org I still believed in the bible and god. But one of the many eye-openers was, when I received more assignments in the hall, like looking after the sound system sitting right in the back of the hall. I could see the elders and MS using all the songs, not to sing praises to jabba, but to hastily get things organized (microphones, platform, delegating and other elderstuff). They actually managed to stand still and stop conversing during the prayer (-not always though!). Even then -as a jw- I though, the brothers worship jehovah and the elders and “half-elders” work for him!! Little did I know, jah and jesus work for the GB. fts

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think that if someone has experienced what we call "God", it is hard to not believe in him.

BTS

• oompa
    oompa

I hope all the spirit realm enjoyed watching my honeymoon....cause i sure enjoyed it..............oompa

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

i jsut started talking to my aunt again recently and she hates witnesses, but she strongly believs in god so i found it hard to talk to her without being rude or anythign since i do not. but really i agree i dont think anyone really 100 percent believes in god i think they jst use it to make themselves feel better or make some kind of control over their lives. that way they have somethign to blame their mistakes on. dont worry god will save me.. and no matter how shitty their life is going. dont worry god will always love me

it seems like a figure of imagination to me. thinka bout it why would man be made in gods imaage. why would god be so fallable and ungodly liek basically. the human form is not a bvery desireable one there are lots of better more interesting and more life sustainable forms one could take. hence god was made in mans image. because ita all in your head

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You have a long journey ahead Chellechelle, it is better to not take too much baggage......

BTS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have believed in god since I was very little. I prayed at the age of 3 (2?) for god to make abuse stop happening. It didn't.

I have often wished I didn'tbelieve in god. It would make life so much simpler. I have posted several times over the years that I find the atheist belief to be the most comforting, especially with regards to the afterlife. But I also find I'm still stuck in believing in some Higher Power that doesn't give a rat's ass about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit