No more book study nights !!!!!

by Iwonder17 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    I know it is very hard for them with all these changes

Yknot-Amazing. My Mom says the same thing. She asks me why the changes. Needless to say I have some answers she isn't always comnfortable with.

Isaac

• yknot
    yknot
    So, yknot, did the BOE arrangement for the "loving" bros and sis to give rides to the older jws?

Initially no, their first thought was to do phone-hook-ups for all.

I persuaded them to consider a rotation, even donating gas money to those who provided car-rides from KH expense fund. Now gas is down, and it will a voluntary rotation, each head of household getting to count 15 minutes toward FS.

5 days a week with no meetings means that JW's are now more susceptible to worldly influence. JW's will realize they are happier with less meetings- skip one more meeting a week and they are down to just one for the week. If they do this very many weeks in a row the WT mind control could begin to crack.

Amen !!!!!

Ynot...do the older ones dare to bring up about the BS that was supposed to be in place during time when they expected JWs to be persecuted most at the end? Don't they see these actions as being in direct conflict with "being the end" as portrayed by WT?

In private with those they trust, yes, but many just don't know what to do. They hold on to what they can and keep saying how this must be sign the end is near. The GB would never make such a drastic change unless they had received some 'insight' and again it has to be proof. I think all the changes since 2007 have left these spiritually battered. I think many see the writing on the wall, the WTS is changing to keep itself in business....... and somewhere in the distance the GB are lip syncing and dancing to "OOPS I did it again". I see no gain from breaking their hearts even further. Since I remain a Christian my only goal is to encourage them to know Christ, be warmed by his love and upbuilt by their knowledge of salvatation. I don't think Jesus would appreciate me stubbling them at the end of their lives but rather I should remind them to know their scripture. ..... there is no 'true' religion, but I believe sometimes you have to take fellowship where you can find it..... and their options are becoming limited with each passing year.

Yknot-Amazing. My Mom says the same thing. She asks me why the changes. Needless to say I have some answers she isn't always comnfortable with.

Most of my older ones will be gone in the next 5 years. If I felt or sensed they really wanted me to be straight with them, I would in a heartbeat. However what I am hearing in their voices is panicky desperation. I don't wanna push them over an edge when their chances of surviving and overcoming is so little. For those of better health (say in their 70s) I have given over their names and photos to trusted pastors (albeit I don't fully agree with their doctrines either). This way if they happen to recognize them in public or FS they might extend an invitation, offer fellowship, or thoughtful words regarding the changes in the WTS and how it looks like they are going mainstream and trying to stay 'relevant' instead of the end being near.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Sooo...from reading these last two pages, the only thing that will be missed is the social aspect of the Tues. meeting. Am I correct?

Maybe someone can get up an old fashioned quilting bee. That would be way more rewarding.

p.s. I have a quilt top that needs to be quilted.

lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I found that maybe 2 or 3 out of the group even commented, one reading it from the paragraph, one rotating the words a bit, and one may be gave a well-thought out comment. Most had not even read the material and depending on the conductor, few scriptures were read. The most painful was the 2 Isaiah books and that includes that I studied the old Babylon book and every "prophetic" book after than until the fluff books.

Blondie

• JAVA
    JAVA

Rats--I have not been to a meeting for over 20 years, but feel like I'm missing something now that it's not there. :) I used to conduct the book studies for several years, and the only thing we got out of the meetings was the fellowship afterwards as others have also stated.

• Latte
    Latte
    The most painful was the 2 Isaiah books and that includes that I studied the old Babylon book and every "prophetic" book after than until the fluff books.

Blondie1

I considered this time so incredibly BORING! As a child having to listen to this clap trap - especially the Babylon book, then the Ezekiel book, Paradise book (think it may of been studied at the groups??) Revelation book, the 'Youth Book' was PAINFUL

From the comments, the association appears to be an important aspect of the group study which it sounds as though will be missed by many, but for the families this will be wonderful! I personally found it soooo very tiring getting my kids ready for the two midweek meeting. I hated seeing the children being taken out for a smack when they should of been in thier beds. I hated the group....really hated it.

• oompa
    oompa

HEY!....i am going to my wifes bookstudy group party tonight......she has her last one this morning and if i get in the shower in the next 30 minutes....i can make the last home bookstudy!......should i go since i am gong to the party?..............oompa

only been to one meeting in the last year and a half and it was not the pass the food one

• oompa
    oompa
    lisavegas:

Sooo...from reading these last two pages, the only thing that will be missed is the social aspect of the Tues. meeting. Am I correct?

Maybe someone can get up an old fashioned quilting bee. That would be way more rewarding.

LMAO on the quilting bee!.....and yes..........it is just the social thing that made it more tolerable than the other meetings......but i can see everyone in as circle with no books in their hand and lap.....all sewing a patch...or knitting........lmao!...........oompa

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

About 5-10 people from our congregation have spoken to me about how they feel about this 'new arrangement' and they are all happy, even the older ones. There's an older female pioneer who stated enthusiastically that she will be watching TV - not studying privately. I missed the last book study, just last night. Couldn't care less. Good riddance! There are so many other things I don't want to do anymore: I don't want to fill in monthly reports (sometimes I just don't hand them in), I don't want to go out in field service (I rarely do), I don't want to do 'parts' in the ministry school, I don't want to see the Circuit Overseer when he visits again (I've never met him one-one) ... Part of the problem is that I don't know what I do want, in terms of my faith in God ...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    lisavegas:

LMAO on the quilting bee!.....and yes..........it is just the social thing that made it more tolerable than the other meetings......but i can see everyone in as circle with no books in their hand and lap.....all sewing a patch...or knitting........lmao!...........oompa

Stop laughing at me, I'm cereal. lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit