No more book study nights !!!!!

by Iwonder17 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

So I went to our "last" book study night last night. There were actually people crying during the last prayer !!!! OMG

What's funny is that we had the biggest "goodie night" afterwards that we have ever had. What a joke, you know that everyone is loving the fact that they get a night off now going forward.

Also, both prayers were full of things like " what a kind provision" and "the GB knows best and they are helpingus by doing this"

• Latte
    Latte

Iwonder17,

I have been wanting to know how the last group went...thank you for sharing!

I am soooo very happy for all the children that no longer have to endure the adult crap that was discussed at these meeting!

Also, both prayers were full of things like " what a kind provision" and "the GB knows best and they are helpingus by doing this" this is only one of very dew they have got right...a step in the right direction!! LOL

Also, I am soo glad to see that the w/t is reduced in size!! Yeah!!!! AND no wachtower study articles....GASP!!

latte

• yknot
    yknot

Well for me it is very sad. It was very sad for my group too.

I attended the afternoon BS. Most of my group are too old to drive at night. For many FS and meetings are the only socialization they have on a regular basis. We had one resturant open on Xmas (nice Thai family) and we all went and 'fellowshipped' for two hours. I cannot tell you how much I love these adopted Grannies, and Papas. I appreciate their service, wisdom, and kindness.

I have done my best to arrange for carpooling but I know it will fall apart within months. They have good reason to fear being forgotten.

I know it is very hard for them with all these changes, many show signs of 'knowing' or suspecting that they have been duped, wasting 60-70 + years of their lives promoting this company. They keep seeking reassurance that the end is nigh, and for them I will cave.

I agree most other BS groups are happy to cut down the meeting nights......

SO for they generations that would never die, sadness and the generation that has become mostly socially trapped, joy.

• blondie
    blondie

So, yknot, did the BOE arrangement for the "loving" bros and sis to give rides to the older jws?

• cawshun
    cawshun

Great question Blondie!

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Our last book study was earlier in the week. Nobody really seemed to care.

It was at the KH and everyone was gone in less than 3 minutes.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

treadnoh20 your just metnioned what is really going to happen with t5his new arrangement bs everyone will be more than ready to leave when its time to go and poof there gone!!!

• oompa
    oompa
    wondering17: What a joke, you know that everyone is loving the fact that they get a night off now going forward.

i am afraid you may be mistaken on this point....my dfd son mentioned to me that this was his fave meeting.......and mine too.......we always had good snacks or coffee or even espresso after BS........and there is another segment that will really miss BS....and that is those slackers that would rather miss a two hour meeting than a one hour meeting with possibly closer friends and some great food and close social interaction with them..........if you made the BS.......the conductor would always look better for good numbers and would give you some cred for you loyal BS attendance.............oompa

now i want to do a thread on wtf they keep attendance records for ALL meetings......even Field Service count when the CO is there......

• oompa
    oompa
    treadinwater: Our last book study was earlier in the week. Nobody really seemed to care.

It was at the KH and everyone was gone in less than 3 minutes.

well duh...ya.....KH studies were the absolute WORST!.........damm no sofas...no multiple rooms to go to so you can suck face and swap spit with your teenage gf.........less chance of good food and coffee.............and damm......you had to go to the crappin KH for this BS (and i dont mean book study).......and now.....you still do!!!...lol.............oompa

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well it's done now for most congregations. I got very little feedback from my few JW friends. No one answered my question about the possibility of reinstatement of the meeting now with gas prices down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit