No more book study nights !!!!!

by Iwonder17 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

The WT Society was priming the JW's for this by restudying the Revelation book umpteen times, until the brothers needed a drool cup to get through the study. The Study I attended last winter was so borring- well, it was until I started asking some questions!-

--

alt

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, that's one less boasting session a week for me to miss.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Most of my older ones will be gone in the next 5 years. If I felt or sensed they really wanted me to be straight with them, I would in a heartbeat. However what I am hearing in their voices is panicky desperation. I don't wanna push them over an edge when their chances of surviving and overcoming is so little.

Agreed, I refrain from giving my Mom the full story for that reason. She finds comfort at her Hall. To quote a JW aphorism: "To where would she go to"?

Lisavegas-To just reinforce what oompa said, IMO its social. After all the book study material is now going to be considered on the TMS/SM night.

Isaac

• White Dove
    White Dove

For me, it was the easiest one to miss. I reviewed my reasons for going regularly and they did not include love for Jeh. My reasons for going included only 2: I wanted to be seen by as many people as possible so as to have a great reputation in the congregation, and I wanted my kids to have a good foundation in the "truth."

Never once did I go because a sky daddy would be happy about it.

I got to thinking that God seemed too dependent on humans for his joy.

No one's going to have those family book studies except for the power mongers and weird PI's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit