Florida woman fired for saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy holidays!

by Witness 007 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Robdar
    Robdar
    "Happy Holidays" is incredibly insensitive and insulting to me, since I don't celebrate any holidays. How dare you show such intolerance and hatred!

Well then, let me be the first to wish you a happy asshole day.

• compound complex
    compound complex

In for Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News, Ann Curry just ten minutes ago said goodnight and wished everyone a ...

Merry Christmas.

CoCo

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

I wasn't even offended by the "Merry Christmas" greeting when I was a Watchtower Witness. I was aware that the person meant well. Why would anyone else get their panties in a wad over a simple greeting? It really baffles the mind. I am amused that our society is quick to bend over backwards to placate the sensativities of non-Christian religions, but will then throw a fit when someone wants to display a large cross on private property that might be highly visible.

• hubert
    hubert
    In for Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News, Ann Curry just ten minutes ago said goodnight and wished everyone a ...

Merry Christmas.

YAY !!!!!!

We went to midnight mass tonight, and the theme for the sermon was....How society is removing the real meaning of Christmas out of the Lord's birthday, and how almost all store employees say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". I thanked our pastor for a very good sermon.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert
    I am amused that our society is quick to bend over backwards to placate the sensativities of non-Christian religions, but will then throw a fit when someone wants to display a large cross on private property that might be highly visible.

I agree, Jeremy. We can't offend them, but it's okay for them to offend us.

Hubert

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no reason for that. I wonder what is next, banning all holiday celebrations because there is one or more "minority groups" that does not celebrate it. That means giving up all holiday decorations of any kind because someone might be offended.

After that, let's take away all purchases of anything that is not explicitly required. After all, if I get a 8 GB computer, it might offend someone that envies it and can only get a 512 MB system. If I go to L.L.Beans and order a real nice set of bed linens, someone might only be able to afford crap at Wal-Mart (you can tell it's crap if the seams are put together sloppily, there is a light-year of thread at the end of it, or if there are loose thread segments on the item) and be offended because you have nice things. The same with a car that is nice (someone might be offended) or even a bicycle (someone that can't ride one might be envious and be offended). So, to avoid offending those people, let's make such items illegal.

In fact, let's legislate the dimensions and color schemes, inside and out, of houses and apartments (hell, let's make houses illegal because some might be offended that they cannot afford to live in one). All apartments would have required decorations (all other decorative items are outlawed). There is only one type of appliances, utensils, and miscellaneous items that is permitted. Even the food is regulated because someone might hate the taste of certain items and be offended.

The result is that humans become nothing but cogs in the machine of the government. Everyone lives the life that is prescribed for everyone, and there is no fulfillment. You do not "offend" anyone, but you live a totally stagnant life. No progress is made. Society grinds to a halt, and we enter the Second Dark Ages at the directive of "politically correct" laws.

A message to anyone that is looking for ways to offend others that should be outlawed: This politically correct crap offends ME worse than calling people and things by their proper names. If "African Americans" were originally and non-offensively called "Negroes", "colored people", and "blacks", we should keep those terms because they are scientifically correct, regardless of whether they are politically correct or not. If Christmas is the proper name for the holiday, let's keep it that way. If homosexuals are properly labelled "gay", let's keep that term. Nothing offends me worse than having those terms banned from society to prevent a slight possibility of offending SOMEONE--not even a deliberately targeted offensive term! The intentionally offensive term offends one person, once. Banning all proper terms for "politically correct", watered down terms offends most people, forever.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Happy Holidays" is incredibly insensitive and insulting to me, since I don't celebrate any holidays. How dare you show such intolerance and hatred!
    Well then, let me be the first to wish you a happy asshole day.

You qualified as a true believer.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Holidays is the modern pronunciation.

Holiday = HOLY DAY of the Church. Since Muslims Jews etc do not view Christian celebration of any kind as Holy , "happy holidays" when uttered by a christian is doubly insulting to them.

Bear in Mind that in Saudi Arabia, and other emirate states, you are not allowed to put up a christmas tree visible from the street (the religious police will call and demand you take it down)

and in one Muslim state, the Building of a church was seen as an insulting slap in the face to the towns populace. In London, the local Mosque demanded that an elderly lady remove her collection of PIGGY BANKS from her windowsill, as those passing by en route to Mosque found it offensive.

Next is we'll be told we can't kiss our wives or lovers in public in case it causes offense. The woman was told what to say for fear of the company losing offended customers.

If I am a Christian, I can say happy Christmas - why do these pepole always turn things into an issue about THEM? Have they been taking lessons from the Witchtower?

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mary -

Nobody would wish you happy Ramadan!

If you were in Teheran, the men would be soo shocked that a gorgeous strumpet like you dared to walk openly in the street they would be calling down the curses of heaven on your voluminous hairdo.

HB

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I went to Christmas Eve services with my daughter at the little church she likes to go to...and right across the aisle was a man in a yarmulka. He was having a wonderful time! Now THATS the right attitude.

Lets SHARE our holidays not DIVIDE over them. Learn from each others cultures. If someone wishes me a happy Kwanza I know they are doing so with no ill intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit