Florida woman fired for saying Merry Christmas instead of Happy holidays!

by Witness 007 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Foxnews reports that a Florida woman was fired for refusing to say: "Happy holidays" she insisted that as a christian she use the term christmas. I have found others with the same view. Though one Witness sister was fired from a Smallgoods company for refusing to say "Merry Christmas." What is politically correct since some religions don't have christmas?

• Mary
    Mary

What a crock of shit........I'm so frigging sick of the politically correct "happy holidays" being shoved down our throats........Here's a newsflash: Christmas is a Christian holiday, or at least it was originally. If you're not a Christian, or don't want to celebrate Christmas, that's entirely your perogative, but why the hell do we have to accomodate them on such a trivial matter? I remember when I was a kid, one of the elders telling us from the platform that if someone wishes you a Merry Christmas, you don't need to get into a big discussion about it, you simply say "thank you".

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah but do you say to a guy in a skull cap who is obviously Jewish "MERRY CHRISTMAS SIR!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

"What is politically correct"

I know what you mean, but really, political correctness is taking away your freedom of speech. What if their little hat offends me? Perhaps, they need to be more politically correct. People who have a problem w christmas need to get over themselves.

S

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'll say Merry Christmas to anyone I please. If they want to get stupid about it I'm equally willing to give them a headbutt instead.

Regulating someone's speech is just a step away from regulating their thoughts. I won't permit anyone to do either.

W

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I agree on some level, like I'm sure Muslims in the Middle east don't say "happy holidays" during Ramadan or some other festival...but saying Merry christmas to a Muslim, hindu or Jew is sort of silly...aren't we supposed to show the world what tolerance looks like?

• Satanus
    Satanus

What's intolerant about wishing somebody a merry christmas? Seems to me, that the intolerance is on their part by their taking offense at the others' well wishes. I mean, you aren't insisting that they do anything. However, the political correctness priests ARE insisting that you do a certain action.

S

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Bottom line. In this country, the legal statutory holiday is named Christmas. If someone doesn't like it they should lobby the government to change the name instead of getting into someone's face in any way.

W

• hubert
    hubert

I was actually thinking about putting a post on this subject myself.

I am so fed up with the "Happy Holiday" thing.. It's Christmas, and if someone doesn't like it, too bad. if it "offends" them, what about offending me? Don't I have the same right?

And, who started this stupid stuff? Is there a new law out that "forbids" people from saying Merry Christmas now? Will we be arrested someday for saying it? I suppose that's the next step. When "they" (meaning practically every store I go into) says "Happy Holidays", that's the last straw ! I'm sick of it.

I get caught by surprise when store workers say "Happy Holidays", and most of my responses are "You too". However, I'm working on it. Next season, I am going to practice being ready, and all my responses will be "MERRY CHRITMAS TO YOU, TOO" !!!!!

Perhaps by then it will be against the law to say it.

I'll see you all in jail.

Hubert

• Quirky1
    Quirky1
    I was actually thinking about putting a post on this subject myself.

Ditto...I saw this article yesterday...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit