Buried in Snow

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, you guys are a bunch of babies (with exception of Mouthy who knows what it's like here in Canada!) I can't open my back door because it's snowed in. I had to change a flat tire last night in -30 weather, 7-8 inches of snow.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

We have had blizzard conditions before sunrise this morning. There was already approx 18" on the ground before that. My son that has a truck with a plow, came by to clear out the driveway....was half in and half out in the road and the radiator blew. He monkeyed something up to get himself home but our driveway still is socked in.

Hubby went out and got the snowblower started....did a small section....and a piece broke off of it. (UGH) He just came in and said the wind is picking up and it is even colder than before.

Isn't this only the official first day of winter?

hugs,

Annie

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Most likely what we will see is changing weather patterns.

I can't resist: so Al Gore was looking for the wrong thing at the right time?

Predicting climate change isn't a prediction at all. If it stayed the same, it would be something new.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I love the snow. Can't get enough of it. We got a lot in our local mountains this past week I can see it from my house. I think the snow level is down to about 3000 ft. I'm heading up there between Christmas and New years. I've been in Mammouth (California) when the snow drifts were so high they had to shovel the snow under the lifts so your skis didn't drag in the snow so the drift had to be thirty foot plus in places. I hope to get up there for ski trip in Jan or Feb. I get stoked just thinking about it. How can anyone not love the stuff?

• Mulan
    Mulan

We measured a little while ago, and it's about 9" on the car so far. Four people on snowmobiles just went past our house.

The table and chairs on the deck have at least a foot of snow. It's still snowing. Sure is pretty, but I am sick of being stuck in the house.

• beksbks
    beksbks

JeffT, have you noticed that you without fail respond to me negatively? I mean when I'm not even speaking to you? Why? What do you hate about me so much? If you read up on the subject, you will see what I was trying to say. Otherwise, go ahead and slam me, or stick your head obstinately in the sand. There is a problem, it is real, and humans are at the least contributing to it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they lost a few of those witless boasting sessions for snow. I also hope it puts a huge dent in their field circus.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks for all the SNOW photos! Gorgeous! Nothing as beautiful as untouched snow glistening like diamonds in the morning sun... I miss it...

...BUT nine months of snow is a bit long to endure... gorgeous or no... when I lived in Aspen '75-'80, it was gorgeous Summer, Fall, Winter (Spring was melted yuk), but you only got about three months of Non-snow with nine-months OF snow. If it could be half and half (six months of each) I'd move back in a second... ($$$ would be needed for that, of course... super expensive there).

FLA, as jaguarbass says, is one big bore, weatherwise, and way Tooooooooo Hot for nine months vs. three months of reprieve (or at least it's more "bearable" for about three months). And hurricanes, NO THANKS, the three in 2004 were enough for a lifetime. ;-/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit