Buried in Snow

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

All you snow folks are sooo lucky!!! I want some!

• delilah
    delilah

me too, here in Southern Ontario Canada....and it's still snowing and blowing where I am....wee...a white Christmas.....NIICE!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm in Mill Creek, looks about the same here.

Storm history: in 1968 or 69 (can't remember for sure it was sometime in my Senior year) we had one that closed school for a week. It seems to me we have a pretty good one every five years or so. About 96 or so we were iced/flooded into our house in Carnation for several days.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

We've been hit pretty hard here in Wisconsin the last few days:

alt

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ok, Wisconsin and Minnesota may be just a bit much

• musky
    musky

I'm tired of all this snow!! I have already raked my roof off a few times this season.I think we are headed for the snowiest season on record.Now we have about -4F. and winds blowing at 25mph gusting to 40. I want to move south where it is not so extreme.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Storm history: in 1968 or 69 (can't remember for sure it was sometime in my Senior year) we had one that closed school for a week. It seems to me we have a pretty good one every five years or so. About 96 or so we were iced/flooded into our house in Carnation for several days.

I think it was '69...........we had a new baby and a VW bug. It was completely buried in the snow. I remember all New Year's Eve festivities were cancelled. We had snow on the ground for weeks that year.

For those of you who don't know about our weather, this is VERY unusual. We usually get 2-3 snow days a year, but not in December, and the snow is gone in a day or two. It always warms up and rains and it's gone, just as fast as it got here.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm sitting here in my underwear with the window open and the sun shinning in.

I used to go to Colorado or British columbia for 2 weeks every winter skiing.

Cant afford that anymore.

So I'll have to settle for the sunshine and warm breeze 365 days a year.

I grew up in Cleveland on Lake Erie. I lived there for 28 years.

We had a lot of snow, I lived in an area called the snow belt. Every year the schools would be closed and meetings cancelled due to heavy snow fall.

I find it more difficult and cumbersome to live in a climate with snow and seasons.

I remember allways changing clothes, putting on clothes, making a fire, chopping fire wood.

But you dont have hurricanes where it snows and if you did they wouldnt be like we get them in Florida.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Michigan....

5 degrees MINUS 31 degrees windchill......Winter Storm Warning........

NO ONE is plowing the roads.....budget cuts ya know.......

HATE WINTER!!!!!!

I'm in the mood to mow my grass.(yep I'm a strange one)....come on SPRINGTIME!!!!!!

Mandette

• beksbks
    beksbks

Mulan, just gotta mention something about "global warming". It isn't about you and I feeling warmer. Most likely what we will see is changing weather patterns. Off the norm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit