Buried in Snow

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had a major snowstorm last night, to add to the week of snow we've been having off and on. Temperatures wayyyy below freezing.

I took this photo from the living room window. You can barely see our steps. If we try to open the door to the back deck, snow will fall into the kitchen, it's backed up against the door about 8-10 inches. It's still coming down too.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Cascade Locks, OR. 12 degrees F. Wind at about 30 mph right now, last night gusting to 60. Snow still coming down. Drifts on the west side of the house have blocked the door. at least 3 ft of snow. Covered front porch with an 8 ft overhang has at least six inches that was blown in. Went out to feed and water the two cats who have shelters with electric heating pads. They are cozy, but very thirsty and hungry.

Reminder to everyone with outside animals. Food and shelter is not enough, they must have liquid water to drink too. It freezes fast so I take them hot tap water twice a day.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes, it was much worse South of us. It's been 40 years since we had this big of a storm. I didn't remember it that way, but that's what they are saying the local news.

I can count on one hand the White Christmases in Seattle. Very unseasonal weather for sure. Must be global warming.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Snow looks like fun...I've never been!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Snow looks like fun...I've never been!

Snow can be really fun, but when it's this cold, you had better just stay inside.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s just getting started here..Already 4 inch`s..We normally get about 3 1/2 ft of snow here on the mountain,during the winter..This storm may accomplish that in a few days..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Oh oh oh I wanna be there! I wanna roll in the snow, make snow men, have snow fights. Got to have white christmas sometime. Of course I'd need to have someone to warm me up and make hot chocolate with a mint candy cane :)

• mouthy
    mouthy

We had 20 inches Friday, & we now have another snow storm they say another 10...I couldnt open my door at all,until the landlord plowed. I only have one exit so I hope I dont start a fire UGH. I dont want to burn to death, lol

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Mulan i can empathize with you .

We had blizzard conditions here last night . -8 degrees with gusts of 46 mph winds ,this morning windchill was -42 . A good day to stay inside ,but I have to go to work sometime this afternoon . The news keeps warning people that exposed skin can freeze with in a few minutes in these conditions . We have about eight inches of snow on the ground now ,but the winds are still causing white out and drifting . This is normal for mid-west winters ,however this year it got an early start.

• rekless
    rekless

its -3 here in south east South Dakota, we will probally get yours in about 12 hours. My step son lives in Spokane, Wa. they had 23" on ground yesterday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit