The snowstorm is here...

by coffee_black 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

6" of new snow since last night. The birds empty the feeder in about 2 hours. Bigger storm due tomorrow

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

We have about 6 inches since I started this thread. Glad I'm not driving...

Coffee

• StAnn
    StAnn

Here it was torrents of rain. The rain was so heavy this a.m. that I had to carry my youngest through the water and put him onto the school bus, as the water near the curb would have been halfway up his calves! So I came back in soaking wet this a.m., been aching all day from the cold and wet.

We were going to go see a live nativity tonight but it's just too cold and getting colder. Guess we'll drive around and see lights tomorrow night~from the warmth of our minivan!

However, I did finish my Christmas shopping today. Tomorrow starts the pre-Christmas massive house cleaning.

StAnn

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

in the 80's here.

Played 18 this afternoon!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's been a winter storm and snow day here in SW Michigan. Brrrr. But it could be worse.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The schools and day care centers began closing at 10:00 AM and the predicted storm hit here rght on time.....at 10:00 AM. It has been snowing and blowing all day. We are on the southeastern end of Lake Ontario. My niece emailed last night and said they (her three kids and hubby) were all holed up at her MIL's preparing for this storm....she lives in western MA.

I have company coming in from Mohawk NY (my grandson and his girlfriend) on Monday for the Christmas holiday and need to get out for milk, bread, meat and things to go into the freezer. I bought all the special "Christmas baking stuff" last week so everything is all set there!

I forgot what poster mentioned being out of bird seed, but OUR birds have cleaned out all three of our feeders in record time....hubby had mentioned early this morning before the snow started....how they had been like a busy flight pattern at a popular airport---birds practically flying into each other, constantly coming and going with beaks full....I'll have to get out on the deck tomorrow morning and set out some apples and peanut butter for them until we can get to the store for another bag of seed.

As much of a pain it is to drive in and walk in, etc,.....I have to admit it sure LOOKS pretty though!

hugs,

Annie

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

We got 12.5" here S.E. Wi. more expected Saturday night 6-8".

brzfst

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The storm came through here last night . 3/4 ths of an inch of ice ,then sleet, and then five inches or so of snow . School was canceled so My Christmas vacation started one day earlier . Shoveling was a challenge because of the layer of ice .We have snow expectations all weekend and sub zero temps forecasted .

• Mary
    Mary

It finally tappered off here around 4:00pm so I went outside and couldn't even open the side door. Had to go out the front door and the snow drifts on top of my car were nearly 3 frigging feet. Took me a good 20 minutes to shovel it off.....got the snowblower out, did the driveway, then went and did my elderly neighbours' driveway......the stinking wind kept blowing it back in my face, even though the wind was coming out of the east.......crappified weather. Jesus I hate snow.

Are we supposed to get hammered again on Sunday and then on Tuesday??

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

We are suppose to get hammered tomorrow evening and the following day. Schools and everything were

closed here 3 days last week. I just want enough wet snow to build a snowman with my granddaughter.

hope everyone is safe!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit