Armagheddon....

by Country Girl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Remember the old Paradise book, how a little kid and a bicycle were going down a big crack in the Earth? Remember the picture of Satan on fire? I never forgot that stuff. Even now, twenty years later, when I hear thunder I freak for a second. do you?

I will be this weekend. I heard last night they we're going to get hammered (not pounded ) tomorrow (Friday) and then again on Sunday......They're calling it: Snowmaggedon I kid you not: http://www.windsorstar.com/Snowmaggedon+headed/1088205/story.html

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

know it's old for us, but for me I never stop being scared.

Remember the old Paradise book, how a little kid and a bicycle were going down a big crack in the Earth? Remember the picture of Satan on fire? I never forgot that stuff. Even now, twenty years later, when I hear thunder I freak for a second. do you?

CG

I know what your talking about, Those pictures are how they trapped people in the tower.

I dont think it bothers me anymore.

When I hear thunder or we have a hurricane here in Florida I do think that it could be the end of me.

But not Armegedon.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I no longer believe in their concept of Armageddon, so I guess it doesn't bother me anymore.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Though I was born-in and also had that damn book I never really took that imagary to heart. Didn't really believe it. I guess being a bookworm of secular books may have helped with that.

• Eyes Open
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Is that the illustration with the little girl and her teddy bear falling into the crack?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The whole concept of an angry vengeful god who has to be buttered up is an anachronism from our distant past. It relates more to the seemingly capricious destruction seen in nature.

I cannot believe that God wants to kill all of us because of what a naked man and woman ate thousands of years ago because a talking snake told them to. (and Yes - a gloss has been put onto the original story to make it fit with later religious ideas.)

HB

• Mazzie Brossmann
    Mazzie Brossmann

When I was a kid I would freak out when I watched the news if there was a report of flooding, hurricanes, earthquakes etc. I am still frightened momentarily when it rains too much....

• blondie
  • mustang
    mustang

There was another thread, maybe 6 months ago, that dealt with how JW's viewed this (i.e. Armageddon real and frightening, nightmares and so forth). I went through and tabulated all who commented. I had about 40 reponses, after eliminating some who were 'off topic' or non-commital. The results: an even 20% of us were unaffected as children by the boogey-man approach of WTS.

So, Brooklyn is 80% effective @ scaring the bee-jeezus out of little kids. Now, how about some figures on "Retention" of adults?

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit