Armagheddon....

by Country Girl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang
    Though I was born-in and also had that damn book I never really took that imagary to heart. Didn't really believe it. I guess being a bookworm of secular books may have helped with that.

Same here, Mrs. Jones. I think you have put your finger on it!!!

I recall that Solomon said (I am paraphrasing, so may have embellished): to the making of books there is no end; much devotion to them is wearisome to the soul.

That "much devotion to them" tells you that 1) this is just another book, 2) there will be more and 3) maybe one of these days I'll get to the bottom of this.

Mustang

• loosie
    loosie

I remember a pic of people stuck on a pitchfork being roasted over a fire by a demon. I didn't know why they had that pic if we didn't believe in hell.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I grew up as a jehovah's witness too and I can totally recall those scary images. I'm not affected by them anymore but, until a few years ago, I was afraid when I heard bad news on TV.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Exploiting fear was one of their marketing strategies, it helped in their literature promotion

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I grew up in the Episcopal Church. They don't talk about hell. My mother, may she RIP, she could be very abusive, but religion she did right. She never used God to scare us children. I didn't believe in hell. I was never afraid of God until I was suckered into the org in my late teens.

• musky
    musky

I remember the Paradise book.When I was Little maybe 6,I got in trouble for drawing a certain body part on Adams picture,towards the front of the book. In pen too! I don't remember being afraid of the pictures. That pic that Blondie posted looks pretty scary for any kid though.

• justhuman
    justhuman

My God. this picture reminded me of my childhood years...shit that was an awfull book to read to a child...I was so scared of Armagedon when I was a child that many times I couldn't sleep at night. I was feeling very bad why God must kill all my friends and all those people just because they don't accept JW's....I hated that Paradise Book

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Forgot the pics - really can't recall them at all. And I love thunder storms.

• Newborn
    Newborn

I was never scared by the pics or afraid of A-geddon, coz I was sure Jehovah would keep me safe...(I was a good girl)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit