Armagheddon....

by Country Girl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I know it's old for us, but for me I never stop being scared.

Remember the old Paradise book, how a little kid and a bicycle were going down a big crack in the Earth? Remember the picture of Satan on fire? I never forgot that stuff. Even now, twenty years later, when I hear thunder I freak for a second. do you?

CG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Nope. But I was not involved with jws until 17 years old.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

it was horrible.

ask anyone that grew up with them in the 60's... the imagery was just crazy.

welll.... glad you didn't see what we saw..

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I grew up in the 70's/80's. It was still horrible then.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Do they even scare the little kids any more with armagheddon? does is even exist any more? is anyone even scared of it anymore?

sigh

CG

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

armagheddon.

what a trip.

actually I'm more scared of what another human will do.

CG

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well yes, one time I woke my Mom up because I had a very bad dream about the big A. She comforted me til I go to sleep again, but that book should not have been published.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I could slap myself a billion times for raising my kids, part of the time, in that climate of fear. The one thing it does affect is my closeness to God now. I have faith that there is a god of love. But I still feel too much distance from him.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Country Girl, I've only been out for about 7 months and yes they are still terrifying children. One couple in particular at our congregation really had their kids frightened of the government, school and doctors. I would overhear them asking "what would you do if a doctor tried to force blood on you"? "what if a teacher made you salute the flag"? Between the interrogations and being dragged around till all hours of the night and all week end the poor kids just look dead behind the eyes.

• blondie
    blondie

I wasn't scared for 2 reasons, I believed that I was doing my best to please God and that he was happy with that, and I didn't buy into all non-jws being destroyed, I trusted that God saw our hearts. There are too many real, now happening things that concern me and I am doing what I can to make things better.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit