Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Essan
    Essan

Podo, a couple of Scriptures which show Spiritual understanding and knowledge gradually being revealed by Spirit, rather than exclusively by explicit statements of Scripture, are:

" "And you have an anointing from the holy one, all of you have knowledge... And as for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you, but, as the anointing from him is teaching you about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught you, remain in union with him." - 1 John 2:20, 27.

What is there possibly to learn by Spirit if it's all explicit in Scripture? If there was something deeply mysterious to be revealed about the nature of God, then it's reasonable that it would be revealed in a Spiritual manner, rather than in a primarily intellectual manner, through the written word. It's reasonable that the written word would merely contain the suitable indications to support what the Spirit directly revealed and clarified. This would easily be missed by those to whom it was not revealed by Spirit, and who were relying wholly on the written word and their power of reason.

As the Scripture above shows, Christians were to remain "in union with him" in accord with what the spirit revealed to them personally.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Father is not the Son, but the Father and Son are the one God (polytheism, modalism, Arianism are wrong). Modern Greeks do not speak or write Koine Greek. Biblical Greek, theology, etc. would preclude an indoctrinated Greek JW from objecting. Even the KIT gets it right, but the WT rationalizes away with fancy foot work the versions that say God vs a god. I imagine there are informed Greek JWs who have questioned the NWT rendering (not sure how they translate it in NWT Greek since there is no indefinite article...so they probably read it as GOD, not a god, and uncritically accept WT explanations to retain non-trinitarian view....plus, they cannot question WT, so would wait for more light or something).

• designs
    designs

The only reason polytheism, modalism, and Arianism were put in the wrong category was the Greek Bishops murdered, tortured, and hounded all opposition to the point of extenction. Lovely group, makes who feel all warm and fuzzy around them, no wait that's the fires they started.

• godrulz
    godrulz

No, these views are contrary to Scripture and the Church through the centuries rightly defended and proclaimed orthodoxy and refuted heterodoxy under the Spirit of truth. What sinful men did does not determine truth or error.

• designs
    designs

You should really get yourself a set of Rosary Beads, you could fiddle them and spout off your doctrinal montra all in one shot.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I once saw a movie where a priest used rosary beads to strangle people, way cool !

• godrulz
    godrulz

Mantra, not montra. Rosary beads are useless. If you were not to think and slow, I would not have to repeat the basics over and over (they are still true).

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Paul never says the hhstorical Jesus did not exist. He taught the importance of experiencing Christ in the present. The true apostles were witnesses to most of his ministry. Paul was an abortion, one called late. He argues that his apostleship is just as legitimnate. No where does Paul say a historical Jesus is irrelevant.

• Podobear
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Rosary beads are used as prayer aids. What is so revolting about rosary beads? They are a device used to draw focus in prayer.

I always wonder why the WT was obsessed with the Catholic Church and not mainstream Protestantism. Someone here joked a short while ago about getting even with some pesky JWs by leaving cheap Rosary beads on the doorknob of the KH. I found it utterly hillarious. Once I check out security arrangements, I may actually do it and maybe add some vodoo trinkets.

I hate the org., though, and have nothing against individuals. My aunt would have a heart attack if she found rosary beads left on her door.

Both the Catholic Church and the mainstream Protestants agree on about 98% of doctrine. The Witnesses do not show much concern for Penecostal Protestants who must be their intense compettion. When I was active, Catholics were likely to convert b/c before Vatican II, they were extremely illiterate about the Bible so a little bit of knowledge greatly impressed them.

My father spent decades at Bethel during Rutherford and Knorr's years. He had a rage towards Catholics. His job was jeopardized b/c he would not stop bothering Catholic coworkers. He lived to dispute the RC church. The Society is restorationist. Catholcisim stands for all the corruption.

If anyone else has any insight, why Catholics are considered so ignoble, please share it with me.

Maybe b/c it is the largest denomination, it is the most maligned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit