Jesus Is Jehovah/Jehovah Is Jesus

by snowbird 328 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

poopsiecakes this is god speaking, I set the cosmos in motion but I never mad myself known, the bible? who wrote this crap?? I have better things to do than to beat people and get them to worship me you know. Enjoy life.

god

• Violia
    Violia

sizemilk

yes Leonard Cohen is great. I have read a number of his books. I really like the book of mercy, the book of longing. His poetry is a "cut above".

I recall when I first stopped attending getting in touch with some of the xjws who told me I must pray to Jesus. I just could not wrap my mind around it, and while the idea is becoming easier, I still find it hard. I know it is just semantics, but words count.

BOTR, your posts very informative and interesting.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Praying to Jesus is biblical and was practiced by the early church (another argument for His Deity). However, we must pray to Jesus as YHWH, not generic jesus of the cults.

• Podobear
  • GOrwell
    GOrwell

Podobear - stop padding your post count ;)

• Podobear
  • tec
    tec

Podo if you want to post something and can PM people, then you can PM me, and I will post it for you. I don't know if that will work any better or not though.

• Podobear
    Podobear

@tec: Aww thank you... I don't know why my computers have suddently thrown this wobbly. Myelaine, bless her, has been hand walking me through this (HAVE A GRRRRREAT HOLIDAY IN B.C. MYELAINE!).

If this interim post, makes it, then I know that the P.C at work is compatible to this forum, but the problem exists on my home computer (different email there too).

Nice for me to be back in kindergarten, tec.

• Podobear
  • Podobear
    Podobear

@Essan: I offer my apologies again....

I tried to reason that a Jew, a Christianized Jew, in the first century, would not have 2000 years of Trinitarian infighting to cloud his reading of Psalm 2. Likewise, I do not read the Hebrew Scriptures with such confusion. Which version of the Trinity do you refer to? Godrulz, spars constantly on this front.

Psalm 2, surely refers to the Almighty addressing his "Son" as a separate being. It is so simple.

@Johndough: I find your address MUGWUMPESQUE (new word invented by me today (open to challenges)) I refused to be drawn into scornful and supercillious comments about individuals. I have printed elsewhere, that the Trinitarian logic, spins around approximately 25 individual texts, all of which can be read (in English) several ways. Only one text in my view, holds any weight behind the Trinitarian viewpoint... and that is John 20:28. This text has at least 3 plausible interpretations.

I do read my Bible, am intensely (fault) spiritual... have recently been to the top of Mt. Sinai to find peace with my late Mother and my Creator. I did that exactly 40 years to the day of my baptism in Christ. So, please do not speak to me scornfully.

Your contribution towards my understanding of Psalm 2 would be welcomed.

Why Psalm 2? Because I offer this as one of the many Psalms that I feel prove that Jehovah is NOT Jesus... which is the theme of this thread.

@godrulz: I was reared as a Pentecostal and have frequent, in depth discussion with my local Pentecostal Pastor... Des Moreton.. now if you are truly Pentecostal.... you should recognise that name... he was on tour last year as star of a film, made about his book. I believe he toured mainly in the East Coast, mid West area of the U.S. with his dear wife Rosalee.

Here's hoping this lot posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit