Did this web-site help you leave the organization?

by ecuador 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Its nice to know others came to the same conclusion I did after doing something as simple as using common sense.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

No, I left on my own. I sent many years forcing myself to believe it was the truth. It did, however, help me realize that life after the org was worth living.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Like Gary Buss, I left before Al Gore invented the electron.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I left in 81.

Because 1976 didnt seem any different than 1975.

It took me 5 years to figure out, I didnt have to go to the meetings and nothing would happen.

Just like Armegeddon.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Oh you just wait Jaguarbase!

And Wait

And Wait

And Wait!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I had already left when I found this place. I didn't do any reasearch; it just didn't seem right. The net made me comfortable in my new path.

• loosie
    loosie

My husband first found this site when we were still in. He was df'd at that time and I thought he was just being disgruntled when he would point out things that he found out here. He was patient I was a slow blonde. I finally realized he didn't just have a chip on his shoulder and that Jw's were hypocrits.

We found out about the UN thing and left.

I love this site.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No I was kicked out of the "loving" family of JW in 1987... I went to PA convention in 1989 I started a support group in 1990 & a fellow that left the Wt came to the support group & put me in touch with this site ( Thanks Attila)
    I come here as your my family..... I still cant get on the new one.but I will hang here till it dies. or I do

• Satanus
    Satanus

I had already left a couple of yrs before i came here. This site helped to unprogram any remnants of wt belief that could cause me to doubt that i did the right thing in leaving. It also dislodged me from christianity.

S

• Uncertain
    Uncertain

It kept me from getting in. Does that count? I was put off by the memorial, but I was still a study and making good progress. Visiting here, reading the Best Of threads and following discussions made me realize that the JW truth is not the truth I am looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit