Did this web-site help you leave the organization?

by ecuador 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

al gore invented the electron too? geez, the man shur is smart!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes, this helped.

• yknot
    yknot

Mentally .... YES!

I am one of those JWs who accidently clicked on JWD.... the rest is history.

I am more grateful then any amount of words could ever express.

• asilentone
    asilentone

No, I left the org many years ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I left them gradually after they told me to just meet other men at the a$$emblies. That counsel did more damage than all the apostate web sites put together in terms of getting me to decide that I would be better off out, whether or not they were the truth.

And now I am here, to learn what other crap can be dug up against them, and to contribute to others leaving. Hey, if they are going to tell me to just meet other men, they are going to have to pay the balloon sooner or later.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hi!

In my case, I found JWD after a couple of months of researching "non-apostate" websites. I discovered the 607 vs. 587 issue first, and that made me think. (I researched the Britanic Museum website, Wikipedia, Expedia and other historical books in the library).

When I found JWD, it only reaffirmed my discoveries. I learned here about the UN scandal, and the rest is history...

I discovered a new family here!

TTRP

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was already out 2 yrs before I found this site. What it did help me with is understanding the why's of how I came to leave.

• done4good
    done4good

I left on my own, with strong suspicions of the WT. I could not deal with the cognitive dissonance anymore. I came here only after I "knew" I was right about leaving. JWD has been very effective in helping out afterwards.

Thanks Simon!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

No. Sites like this one helped me work through all the emotions of leaving; fear, anger, loss, frustration, etc. But the choice to leave came before I was on the internet.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Seems common sense had more to do with leaving "the truuf" than the internet. This site just helps put the pieces back together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit