Did this web-site help you leave the organization?

by ecuador 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ecuador
    ecuador

Just curious, what percentage of people here actually left the JW org because of this site or similar sites? Do these sites really help people to get out?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't leave the "organization". I was never a part of it. I quit associating with Jehovah's Witnesses due to the Watchtower magazine and other publications and because of the rude, mean, Jehovah's Witness people.

I quit in 1974:-) well before Internet days.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I already knew the org was heading down a wrong and bad path so I walked out of the KH one day thinking I would return when THEY came back around to the 'truth'.

After 13+ plus years as 'inactive', I found Freeminds and this site and quickly learned that it was never going to happen.

This site has helped me cope with the death of a pipedream and start getting on with the more important things of the human condition.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I found Freeminds, and then this site, a few months after I finally admitted to myself that everything that I had a problem with, regarding the Org., precluded it being the sole, or for that matter, any kind of conduit to God. I was amazed that so many other people had came to the same conclusion that I had, and was even more impressed with the number who could back it up with the WT's own literature. I'm still impressed.

sooner7nc

GO SOONERS!

• Robert7
    Robert7

I mentally left all on my own. Dissonance built up to the point where I knew I had to leave. It was only then I searched on Yahoo to see if it's common for a JW to become an atheist. This is how I stumbled on JWD.

So I initially left on my own, but JWD helped a lot sort thru issues and helped get out completely.

• still_in74
    still_in74

yup! well... mentally anyway. I am still trapped inside. I have made a commitment to myself to make 2009 the year. I hope I have the balls to stick to that.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yes, this place helped..

• sacolton
    sacolton

I came here for support after I left.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I had already left when i found this site. But what this site gave me was a peace of mind after leaving, it helped me come to terms with beliefs that i still held and see them for what they are.

Paul

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes, this site and the things I read here helped me to leave.

Even more helpful were books by Ray Franz, Randy Watters, David Reed, Diane Wilson, Steve Hassan and a non-filtered reading of the Greek Scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit