did ya miss it..UAW nixes bailout plan...

by hillbilly 71 Replies latest jw friends

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I was hoping it was for primarly other reasons, but this is like Dr. Evil stuff. Dr. Evil with a top hat, monacle, and cigar.

• moshe
    moshe

Hill, I interviewed for a job at Eli Lilly in 1993 and I was all set to get hired- passed all the tests- interviews and the guy behind the desk finally showed me his offer. He was expecting me to jump for the chance to go to work for a big drug maker like Lilly's and take a 50% cut in pay. I asked him how much money Lilly made last year and suggested he could afford to pay me a salary more in line with my skills. Finally, then I told him , "I don't mind paying for the horse as long as I get to ride him".- I got up and walked out. He was surprised, as not many people turned down a Lilly job offer, I guess. We are in for a big reduction in average wages in this country. Union membership was only about 10% before the great depression and climbed to it's highest levels during the next 20 years- our standard of living increased , too. We are now right back to that 10% level and big business and the government is not scared of the working class. Now that the white collar class is getting pinched we are starting to hear some yelling in the balcony- it's about time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit