did ya miss it..UAW nixes bailout plan...

by hillbilly 71 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

NASCAR should bail out the Big 3. Problem solved. Dinah for President.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Ya the Republicans just kicked themselves in the nuts and thats not a easy thing to do !

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

There you go, even better

• 5go
    5go
    More like a strategic blunder that even Bush can see. Which is saying something.

Too add to that it's a military blunder to let GM fail they produce Humvee and other armored cars for the U.S. military. Chrysler also designed the M1 tank.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

"More like a strategic blunder that even Bush can see. Which is saying something. You have the king of strategic blunders fixing a huge strategic blunder ( pissing off the most of the auto and rust belt northern states ) his party just made."

But you see most of the Republican senators that voted against it are in the south where there are non-union foreign automakers which may stand to gain from the demise of the American auto manufacturers, and the voting against big government platform plays well to their constituents, and with the unpopular Bush likely bailing them out anyway they won't have to deal with the repercussions of their ideological stubbornness.

So having voted against the bailout, but it being done anyway they can paint themselves as fighting the good fight without winning, and avoiding the political repercussions that a potential collapse of the American automakers would cause had they actually stopped a bailout.

I agree that not bailing them out is a bad idea, but there are a lot of people, particularly in the south, that are against it.

It's a chess game, you have to look several moves ahead.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Northern vs. Southern, either way the foreigners are taking us over.

• 5go
    5go
    But you see most of the Republican senators that voted against it are in the south where there are non-union foreign automakers which may stand to gain from the demise of the American auto manufacturers, and the voting against big government platform plays well to their constituents, and with the unpopular Bush likely bailing them out anyway they won't have to deal with the repercussions of their ideological stubbornness.

So having voted against the bailout, but it being done anyway they can paint themselves as fighting the good fight without winning, and avoiding the political repercussions that a potential collapse of the American automakers would cause had they actually stopped a bailout.

I agree that not bailing them out is a bad idea, but there are a lot of people, particularly in the south, that are against it.

It's a chess game, you have to look several moves ahead.

You see that is where the Republicans are plundering trying to win the south they already own, by pissing off the rest of the country. Who they really need if they want to start winning back seats in congress. That is assuming if they ever want to be a viable minority again. Which it does seem the conservatives don't give a damn about their current predicament. Which keeps feeding their further decline. Also south is starting to really so it's true colors as the haters. Who blindly hate for the sake of hating, and the rest of America is not letting themselves be bullied by the haters anymore.

If the Republicans want the South's votes, they can have them say the Democrats and the rest of the nation.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I kind of agree with you Sgo on certain points, the Republicans already have the south. If they would use this opportunity to bail out the big 3, then they could regain Ohio and Michigan and possibly Indiana.

I am glad Bush is for bailing out the Big 3, Now maybe my union democrat grandpa can't gripe as much.

• dinah
    dinah

The Republicans have the South for a reason. The most gullible, bible thumping idiots you can ever find, and I live here. Thump the bible and they will follow. That's what made me so mad 8 years ago. Thanks to Bush, I turned my back on Christianity when I saw through it. Just a ploy to herd the sheeple.

• 5go
    5go
    The most gullible, bible thumping idiots you can ever find, and I live here.

ditto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit