Did you always know you might leave?

by jws 41 Replies latest jw friends

• faundy
    faundy

Aw, JG, you could have met a nice man if only you'd stayed in and gone to assemblies...

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I already did, and his name is Jesus !!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yes, I planned it months in advance.

• Newborn
    Newborn

I'm being officially disfellowshiped today. I never thought, growing up in the "Club", in my wildest dream, it would come to this.

But I'm so happy.

/Newborn

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yes, I knew I would leave. I believed it as a born in kid would but I just don't listen,.....lol. I don't know if it was just teen rebellion or that I reasoned myself out of believing (both actually) but I just knew my life would lead elsewhere.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Never in a million years did I ever think I would leave. That is why my moment of clarity during a meeting was so shocking to me and everybody else. I also think that is mainly why nobody ever asked me nuttin.

There were niggles throughout the years, but I couldn't imagine myself being without the people mainly.

But here I am, and I survived just fine.

• jws
    jws

Congratulations newborn!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was just talking to a friend about this the other day. I told him I always looked at the 'truth' like mission impossible. You remember how when they accepted the mission there was the diclaimer 'if you or any member of your team is killed or captured the secretary will dis-avow all knowledge.'

That's the attitude I always had even when 'faithfull'. I always looked at it like if for some reason I faltered, I would walk away.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Not always. It happened gradually. Things started to add up and not add up. Then there was the straw that broke the camel's back! That straw led to many more straws that led to stepping down as an elder and doing the fade then moving out of state. It took about one year to start the fade.

Blueblades

• sacolton
    sacolton

Newborn: ((( HIGH FIVE )))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit