Did you always know you might leave?

by jws 41 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

No , not at all . I was born in and raised as a JW .Married another witness and raised three witness kids . I always imagined this was all there was for my life ,no matter how unhappy I was living it .

There were a few times over the years that I became very depressed at those times I did wonder what it would be like outside the confines of witnessdom . However I would go to an assembly and get all fired up to plug on some more .I would chastise myself for being weak . It was a rollercoaster ride for me for several years.

Even at the end when I just knew I had to quit, Fear of leaving overruled my conscience . I was so frightened that my spouse and children would stay in, and eventually all would hate me and shun me .

When I told my husband I was quitting he was devastated ,because he had never imagined our lives outside of being witnesses either .

That was almost five yrs. ago, and we have moved on slowly . He stopped attending too ,and is enjoying his free time doing hobbies he never had time for before . My children are all inactive now .

I put our first Christmas tree up this year (very small tabletop kind ).I work in a gift shop and have bought some beautiful ornaments .I absolutely love turning on the tree lights in the evening while relaxing .

As a special treat for the six witness families on my street I put a strand of blue Christmas lights and evergreen garland up around my porch railings ! :)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

No , not at all . I was born in and raised as a JW .Married another witness and raised three witness kids . I always imagined this was all there was for my life ,no matter how unhappy I was living it .

There were a few times over the years that I became very depressed at those times I did wonder what it would be like outside the confines of witnessdom . However I would go to an assembly and get all fired up to plug on some more .I would chastise myself for being weak . It was a rollercoaster ride for me for several years.

Even at the end when I just knew I had to quit, Fear of leaving overruled my conscience . I was so frightened that my spouse and children would stay in, and eventually all would hate me and shun me .

When I told my husband I was quitting he was devastated ,because he had never imagined our lives outside of being witnesses either .

That was almost five yrs. ago, and we have moved on slowly . He stopped attending too ,and is enjoying his free time doing hobbies he never had time for before . My children are all inactive now .

I put our first Christmas tree up this year (very small tabletop kind ).I work in a gift shop and have bought some beautiful ornaments .I absolutely love turning on the tree lights in the evening while relaxing .

As a special treat for the six witness families on my street I put a strand of blue Christmas lights and evergreen garland up around my porch railings ! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit