Just How Important is the CO Visit For The R&F?

by sacolton 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotspur
    hotspur

When I was in and involved in uncovering some serious fraud I was grateful for the THE VISIT. It was like 'justice has come to town'. Then I witnessed the CO getting bawled out by the elders I'd identified. That started the long road littered with questions.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is when more people attend the boasting sessions. People will try to pio-sneer for the hounder-hounder, especially those who want "privileges(??)". And then they hear about how they need to improve in their field circus times and in getting better results at the doors.

To me, it's just the same as Christmas used to be when I was still a witless--just another day.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Don't ask me how I did it, but this week is CO week and my wife stressed that she needed to go to each meeting ...

Well, I scored a free screening ticket to go see the new movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still" at our local theater and it just happens to be on Thursday night. Yup, we're going! Woohoo!

• seek2find
    seek2find

For those who are Christian here. I have the following to say. Wouldn't it be great if the ones we love would Give Christ as much attention everyday in their every day life as they give the CO when he visits? Thinking back over the years I was a witness, I never remember any witness ever talking about their relationship with Christ or about how they benefited from a daily Bible reading and quite time. Everything always revolved around the organization and it's activities and representatives. They were always glad to point out how good the daily text was, but not that quick to talk about their personal reading of Gods word itself. Based on the ones I was acquainted with I'd say less than half even did daily reading of the Bible even if they were elders and servants. The organization officially says it believes Jesus words at John 14:6 Where Jesus says he is "the way and the truth..." but then turns around and says they are the truth. Which way is it? Just something on my mind today, seek2find

• loosie
    loosie

WOW Saco... I'm surprised that your wife says it's important to go to every meeting when the Co is there.. but when you get a ticket to go see "The Day The Earth Stood Still" she goes with you. I would think that JW's would frown on seeing a movie about aliens destroying the earth.

I think you just made some great headwa with her.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Great line

Wouldn't it be great if the ones we love would Give Christ as much attention everyday in their every day life as they give the CO when he visits?

The C/O visit is like having an important relative come to visit (for the R & F) they get a break from the routine meetings, the same old speakers, they get buzz from larger meets for F/S and he is usually more encouraging than their own . They might have him and Sister C/O come to lunch one day, that is nice....

As others have said , it is not what it was. The C/o's are company men cloned in the Pioneer School and they follow scripted outlines. I can recall some real charecters in the past who gave hell to the elders and did their own thing with the talks. At least they were interesting.

• sacolton
    sacolton

So, the chain of command goes like this ...

Jehovah God > Governing Body > CO > PO > Elders > R&F?

I left out Jesus because they say they get DIRECT COMMUNICATION from Jehovah. They don't need Jesus.

• sir82
    sir82

So, the chain of command goes like this ...

Jehovah God > Jesus > Governing Body > CO > PO > Elders > R&F?

Goodness no!

It's more like this:

Governing Body > Legal Dept. > Service Dept. > Dist. Overseer > Circ. Overseer > Elder > Jehovah > MS > baptized males > baptized females > unbaptized publishers.

Jesus is nowhere in the chain. He serves as a sort intergalactic telephone operator, making sure your prayers get connected to Jehovah, but otherwise has no real role to play.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Nah. Legal Dept MUST go before Governing Body ... that would make sense.

• Iwonder17
    Iwonder17

I always find it funny how many of the elders and MS's get a hair cut just for this. Next time your CO comes around, notice how everyone all gets a hair cut during that week so that thye are squeeky clean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit