Just How Important is the CO Visit For The R&F?

by sacolton 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74

So, the chain of command goes like this ...

Jehovah God > Jesus > Governing Body > CO > PO > Elders > R&F?

*** w57 11/15 p. 685 Jehovah’s Helper and the New World Society ***"And I will request the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it nor knows it. You know it, because it remains with you and is in you." (John 14:16, 17; also AT,ED,Ro) "When the helper arrives that I will send you from the Father, the spirit of the truth which proceeds from the Father, that one will bear witness about me." (John 15:26; also ED,AS) "This Jesus God resurrected, of which fact we are all witnesses. Therefore because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out this which you see and hear."—Acts 2:32, 33; also AV,RS,Mo,Dy, etc.

"Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will by no means come to you; but if I do go my way, I will send him to you.

*** w81 11/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***Jehovah God provides holy spirit for his faithful worshipers according to their needs and circumstances. When, because of the huge number of people involved, Moses needed assistance, God directed that 70 qualified older men be selected to help. Jehovah told Moses: "I shall have to take away some of the spiritthat is upon you and place it upon them, and they will have to help you in carrying the load of the people." (Num. 11:16, 17) Now, that does not mean that Moses would thereafter be inadequately supplied with holy spirit, having a spirit deficiency. No, God would provide for Moses and for the 70 assistants ample spirit for them to handle the tasks before them. Similarly, Elisha as well as the "sons of the prophets" would have sufficient holy spirit to carry out their duties and to face the coming tests or trials.

*** w06 7/15 p. 20 par. 6 Focus on the Goodness of Jehovah’s Organization ***The ‘faithful slave’ is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, a small group of spirit-anointed men serving at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York. The Governing Body appoints experienced servants of Jehovah to serve at branch offices that supervise the activities of over 98,000 congregations earth wide. Men who meet the Biblical requirements are appointed as elders and ministerial servants in these congregations. (1 Timothy 3:1-9, 12, 13) The elders take the lead and lovingly shepherd the flock of God in their care. What a blessing it is to be part of that flock and to experience the love and unity that exist among "the whole association of brothers"!—1 Peter 2:17; 5:2, 3.

***w571/1p.23par.9"FeedMyLittleSheep"***

Paul, an experienced overseer, entreated his brother overseers, saying: "Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own [Son]." (Acts 20:28, NW) Here, too, the emphasis is that an overseer must be a shepherd; he has a very responsible position. He must ‘feed my sheep.’ Today not only do overseers include those of individual congregations but there are overseers appointed to serve many congregations. According to the annual earthwide report of activities of Jehovah’s witnesses (see country-by-country chart, pages 24-26), they are seen to be organized into 16,240 congregations. Under the Society’s arrangement, 1,107 circuit servants oversee those congregations. Still other experienced and trained men, district servants, oversee the circuit servants and congregation servants. Of these, 152 have been appointed to serve in different parts of the world. Today these appointed overseers—branch servants, zone servants, district servants, circuit servants, congregation servants—may not look upon their responsibilities lightly.—Ex. 18:25, 26; Deut. 1:9-15; Eph. 4:11-16, NW; Mic. 5:2-5, AS.

i guess jesus was confused, or maybe he was downsized after the fact.........(?)

Jehovah - GB - BO's - ZO's - DO's - CO's - Elders - MS's - Baptized Bro's - Baptized Sis' - Unbaptized Pubs - Scum

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

The last couple of times he came around my husband and I just viewed it as some sad comedy routine. I never saw so many people with their nickers in a knot. "Oh, is he gonna sit near me? Can I work with him in service? I gotta get this comment in so he hears my voice!" I loved all the people that were always late tripping over them selves to get there on time. The last one had a southern accent, so a few of the elders ( who had never been near the Mason Dixon line) started talking with this weird twang. Oh Oh and the young mother that presents her pre school aged child to the CO and says "tell bother so and so what you named your dolly". Wouldn't you know it she named her dolly bother so and so. Just precious!

• halcyon
    halcyon

I grew up thinking COs were cool guys, but not gods. My whole family had that view. Then I got married and moved to another cong, and when the CO would visit I always enjoyed it because there was more energy at the meetings and the extra talks were pretty interesting. But over time as I grew older I started seeing how so many people elevated the CO to such a position of status that it seemed unbiblical! That's about the time when I went the opposite direction: where people signed up to work with him, I consciously did NOT. I stayed away from any gathering that fed him lunch or dinner. I made no special effort to get out in service any more than usual; in fact after awhile I would stay home that week. It just seemed so wrong to worship this man. I wanted no part in it.

And over time they got meaner and duller, as well. Many were downright apathetic if you caught them in their off-hours. Some were even apathetic in their talks and counsel!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Oh, so it's kinda like the Pope coming to town?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

it's so ridiculous, they don't even realize it. Idol worship at its best!

and all those sunday and CA talks about the catholic church AKA babylon the great! imagine

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I never could stand the weird brain work that they all had concerning the CO, poor old sister having to slave over hot stoves making special dish's for some cone head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit