Depression or Recession?

by lisavegas420 52 Replies latest social current

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

*sigh* I guess I've lived in the 'bubble' all my life...

so much I didn't know..or maybe had choose not to think about.

They have a program called, "Above the Rest" ...anyway you have to be refered to be in the program, I guess I made a good impression, because the man "refered" me. It'a 2-4 week program, I start tomorrow at 8:30-3:30. I might write more about this after I go tomorrow for the first day. He said it's like a networking program, you meet people that know people. It also starts with a 45minute bible based class. But she said I wouldn't be penalized if I wanted to opt out of the religious part. I said, I'd check it out.

lisa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It was a good run while it lasted.

I read this book called Poland by James Michner

People have been through much worse than this.

Even if it gets worse some will survive.

We came here and reproduced, that was our purpose.

At least on the most basic level.

I say the USA

was BUSHWACKED.

He should be tried for treason and incompetence.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Nah, all out war between nuclear powers is lose/lose. Some proxy scenario might not be however

If 2 dingbats like Bush ever get in power we could go loose loose.

Jeb will be running in 8 years.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The only reason the chinese are a threat or in the game is because Daddy Bush gave them all our jobs.

He is a globalist, one world Government demon.

We should be making our shxt here in amerika.

So we can sell it at Wall mart.

The jobs have to be in America

Fuxx the rest of the world.

As General motors goes

So goes Amerika.

As America goes so goes the world.

The only thing that brought the world out of being a shxt hole

has been America.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Like sammieswife's wife said above, they are recomending for some to move to another state, or possibly another country.

I also remember him saying, that someone that was bi-lingual has a better chance, and told me about a job that had become available, for someone that was bi-lingual, and someone from Korea, had seen the same add on Simplyhired.com and could speak 5 languages, and got the job, even though thousands of American people had applied, this woman was best suited.

lisa

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Yes the Chinese can not have it all ways. They have been keeping their currency artificially low - they need to let it float and find its true value

Well each side has a valid grievance looked at from a certain point of view. That's what makes the situation so explosive. If China is to be expected to pay for America's enormous debt then they are going to be looking for major concessions. Taiwan at the very least. And there will be a scramble for resources in Siberia, the Middle East and in Africa. Of course nuclear war will bad for everyone, that does not mean to say it will be avoided forever. It is just a matter of time. It was said in the late nineteenth century that another European was impossible because new technology would mean it would be just too destructive. Yet 1914 came and there was another continental war, and yes it was very destructive.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Lisa, I feel your pain btw. I'm in a bit of a protective bubble here in Columbus where the job market is still decent (at least for now), but I can only imagine that things are pretty bad in the smaller Ohio towns such as where u live.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Bush didn't know what a scanner was in a store - he doesn't have a clue what shopping entails or what it costs - how would he even know what a recession or a depression meant?

This is a false story from 1988, regarding Bush 41...

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/bushscan.asp

• beksbks
    beksbks

That story may be false, but the idea that anyone in the Bush family actually has a clue about real life is not. This family has been financially removed from real life for generations. Think back to Barbara's stellar comment on all the Katrina victims on cots in the Astrodome.

And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.

As far as a Depression or a Recession, if a Depression is a continuing Recession, and we have been in a Recession since '07, and things are getting worse not better, I'd say we're darn close to a Depression. Half a million jobs lost last month alone? How many business's can you name that have gone under? Nevermind all the little ones you may never have heard of.

I've been reading some very interesting stuff lately on the pattern of taxes in the last century, and the kind of economy that follows tax breaks vs hikes.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The going on for decades comment he made, he's wrong. He should not be passing along such hopeless, pessimistic views to those hunting for jobs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit