Depression or Recession?

by lisavegas420 52 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That story may be false, but the idea that anyone in the Bush family actually has a clue about real life is not.

Jeb taught in Mexico, worked in Venezuela, and was very successful in Florida. When he came to work in Miami, he wasn't making all that much. He has "real life" experience. He has had business contacts with people I know for many years and had an excellent reputation before running for governor. You use blanket statements "every Bush is such and such" without any kind of actual knowledge. Don't judge one brother because of the other.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

Have any of you sharp eyed, informed, Bush haters been so distracted by the trivia of the past eight years that you have not seen the complete irony in the Obama campaign slogan "CHANGE" ? He's not even president yet and he has already embraced, so far, about 80% of the Bush policies. You all know it's true. I am not here to argue about it, got bored arguing with pinwheel eyed zealots before the election. Now I just sit back and chuckle while watching the coming Obama administration deal with reality.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Jeb Bush grew up in extreme privilege. Period. Just because you have a soft spot in your heart for Jeb, and the Bush family in general, doesn't mean that my personal observations are incorrect.

You can stop attacking Rebecca now Burn, the election is over, and I have as much right to my opinion as anyone else here does.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Jeb Bush grew up in extreme privilege.

So he came from a wealthy and successful family. Got it. But what is your point Beks? How does this discredit him? What kind of families did the Washingtons and Jeffersons of our history come from? This is just a canard. The man worked for a living and did well. He was also a very good governor. He has an individual track record. He has a reputation in the community he lived in, that I happen to be personally acquainted with. He also has his gubernatorial record.

You can stop attacking Rebecca now Burn, the election is over, and I have as much right to my opinion as anyone else here does.

Who is Rebecca and how have I attacked her? There is a general undertone of irrational hatred in your posts for those that have become wealthy. How is that in itself morally reprehensible and to be taken as a mark against character? I am entitled to my opinion also and the right to call you on yours when I feel that it is prejudiced and unrealistic. You don't seem to be able to handle that very well.

BTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Laura Bush was a democrat and still is in her heart.

• beksbks
  • Warlock
    Warlock
    I hope that the "bubble" era is over.

Never.

Warlock

We'll come full circle back to a tulip bubble someday.

There is one that is building right now. If you've been keeping up, you should know where it is, because I'm not going to tell you. Warlock

• designs
    designs

New Housing starts just hit a 3 year high, applications for the New Solar Homes program are backlogged a year. Its been a very tough Recession but some signs of life continue to appear.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Housing starts? Hmm...

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/HOUST?cid=32302

It is easy to forget or ignore how long things have been profoundly shitty.

• designs
    designs

We are not out of the woods on the US Housing market, Shiller and other analysts talk about 2015 and beyond, but the Tract Developers flooded the NSHP with applications and that hasn't happened in 3 years. New Custom Homes just keep rockin, its amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit