Six Screens comments on controversial conference call

by kool aid man06 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

^--- OK, regardless of which model she says she is, her satanic-ritual-abuse story lacks any shred of believability. You know, you COULD talk about the many real experiences of plenty of ex-Bethelites, ex-elders, ex-Gilead missionaries, but the fact that you choose to air the most outlandish and sensational stories makes your show seem like a crock of shit.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is information about the actress whose picture was approprated from the cover of Stern magazine for use in the "Live Forever: book.

Pascale Petit
    Alternate Name: Anne-Marie Petit
    Actor
    Born: February 27, 1938
    Birthplace: Paris, France
    Nationality: French
    Full Biography

From All Movie Guide: French actress Pascale Petit played leading roles in films of the '50s, '60s, and '70s. Before becoming an actress, Pascale worked as a beautician. ~ Sandra Brennan, All Movie Guide

• StAnn
    StAnn

Again, I don't know if Ravyn's story is true or not, BUT Russell and Rutherford were both into the occult and, of course, the WTS relied on Grueber the mystics works until they were outed in 1983-84, didn't they? And don't they say they "channel" God? Sounds like occult practices to me.

A friend and I were talking (ex-JW friend) and we both were saying that the most effective way to get someone to abandon Christianity altogether is to get them to be part of the WTS for awhile. The WTS is a non-christian entity claiming to be christian and it seems that most of the people who leave the WTS end up atheists. Sounds like the most perfect tool Satan could have to undermine Christianity. And it's worldwide.

StAnn

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Stann, there are many facets of Russell's beliefs that were rooted in masonry, pyramidology, and that kind of stuff, as we all know. How does this link to what the woman on koolaidman's show says? It doesn't! So instead of spreading ignorance and sensational claims about the practices of the Society, why not focus on the things that are real and open for all to see, like the child-abuse scandals, UN-coverup, and many doctrinal matters that plague this organization.

• Word
    Word
    "played leading roles in films of the '50s, '60s, and '70s"

alt

Didn't everybody recognize here in 1982 when she appeared in the "Live Forever: book. (Especially in France) ?

http://starletshowcase.blogspot.com/2008/07/pascale-petit-french-doll.html

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Fear not Mary, I do not support the Watchtower. I do however have a dislike for all things fundy. I think matching the Tower's extremism with more extremism is counter productive. Pulling that picture of Artemis with towers on her head and making it apply to the Watchtower is the kind of crap they are famous for. I hate to see people who gained their freedom by leaving that sort of whack reasoning end up captives to more religious zealotry. I guess I don't care for much religion any more. The conference calls always struck me as self serving. So many of these xwitnesses have merely changed the address of their nuttiness. W.Once

• StAnn
    StAnn

Daniel-P, I understand where you're coming from. It's just that Ravyn is a friend and she and her mother have both claimed these experiences as fact for years. Although I certainly have no first hand knowledge of how accurate they are, I'm going to err on the side of saying "I Don't Know" rather than rejecting it entirely. If it turns out to be true, WOW, what a bombshell!

Frankly, I was raped as a girl and told no one until the man raped another girl. When she told, no one believed her. At that point, I came forward and backed her up and that changed everything. I know this isn't the same situation but, since Ravyn really, really believes this and is receiving nothing but ridicule for coming out about it, I'm not going to call her a liar since I wasn't there. It certainly hasn't done her any good to reveal this stuff.

StAnn

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I've posted this before under other similar threads.

I was at bethel for eleven years. Was friends to a number of the GB and was on a fast track to significant responsibilities and authority including writing some articles for the Watchtower and the Kingdom Ministry.

I have been aware of claims of Satanic Ritual Abuse but have never seen any evidence other than individual claims about it. There was no evidence of any such activity in Brooklyn or in the Canadian Branch during the time I served there.

I belive that those making the claims honestly believe their stories but they are, in my experience, creations of unhealthy minds and those already impacted by mental health disorders. If there has been any actual ritual abuse (which has occurred in society in general) it was done by individuals and never endorsed or hidden by the WTBS, Governing Body or entity of the Jehovah's Witness faith.

Unlike the pedophile issue where the Society took active steps to cover up or hide abusers, there has not been to my knowledge any such cover up by the Society regarding satanic ritual abuse. As one who has had full access to the legal files of the Society I would be in a position to know.

There have been multiple letters sent to Bethel about the matter in some cases by the same person under multiple names which also leads me to believe more about the instability of the individuals reporting such things. I also know for a fact having been involved in the article writing process that no-one who is "channeling messages" would be allowed to influence the writing of articles especially not study articles without there being multiple reviews of the content by several individuals. One article I wrote went through three different 'editors' and was sent back to me 5 times for re-writing before it was eventually published. This while I was an elder and in a trusted position in Bethel. Most unsolicited articles went to the circular file (garbage can) and rarely received much more than a brief scan.

We can certainly be sympathetic to those who have suffered for a multitude of reasons whether it be abuse or mental disorders but it does not add anything to the already heavy arguments against the Society for their isolationist teachings, cultish enforcement of rules and unChristian behaviour/teachings

Uzzah

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I agree with you StAnn, I didn't listen to this particular call, but from what I have learned about the WT, very little would surprise me anymore. 10 years ago, if someone told me there was a pedophile problem in the JW's, I wouldn't have believed it. 10 years ago I never believed the WT would have anything to do with the UN.

• Word
    Word
    Uzzah: "I also know for a fact having been involved in the article writing process that no-one who is "channeling messages" would be allowed to influence the writing of articles especially not study articles without there being multiple reviews of the content by several individuals. One article I wrote went through three different 'editors' and was sent back to me 5 times for re-writing before it was eventually published. This while I was an elder and in a trusted position in Bethel."

Uzzah,

The 'editors' obviously dosn't notice the automatic writing and drawing.

This doesn't mean it's not occurring.

The writers and drawers themselves say they never wrote or drew this or that.

This doesn't mean it's not there.

That's why it's called subconscious writing and drawing.

All the foolishness comes out their subconscious mind.

http://www.angel-drawing.com/angel-art-spare.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit