Right Now, Would U Be Affected If You Were To Be Disassociated or DF'd?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Would it have any effect on you at all?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hey, Your Redness, good to have you back!

I have a 19-year old daughter who is zealously JW. I don't know how she would react if I DA'd or was DF'd.

I hope she wouldn't shun me, but if she did, I still wouldn't return to the JW's.

Sylvia

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not sure, I have never experienced being df'd or da'd, so I am not sure how I will feel if the time comes. I prefer it not to happen since I still have JW family in.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Another thing, I have a sister who is very much in the JW camp.

She and I spent Saturday together and had a good time. My inactive status seems to have no effect on her.

I've said this before and I say it again: Black people - especially in the South - do not practice the hardcore shunning as espoused by the WT.

It's just not done!

Sylvia

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not really affected if it happened.

My wife doesn't want to talk about "spiritual" things, anyway.
    My mother says she won't shun me, won't change the way things are between us.
    I suppose the members will have to stop telling my wife to say hello to her
    husband. I suppose there will be a slight strain in my interaction with my wife's
    friends from the JW's- they will stay away. HEY, THAT MIGHT BE GOOD.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It would affect the relationship between me and the few family members left in - but otherwise - no big deal

• undercover
    undercover

A couple of family members (immediate, but not in the household) would follow the WT decree of shunning if it were to happen. It's odd...they've finally accepted that I'm inactive and associate with me as if nothing happened but make an official announcement and they'll choose sides instantly. They've already cut off other family members who are DFd.

Others would probably get over the initial shock and things would go back to the current status quo, but they would be careful to not mention anything spiritual to me...which would be the one plus...

Other than that, not much would change. I would just have to adjust to being cut off from that part of the family.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm already DAd. Its great! One advantage is that when I meet JWs, they ask if I was DFd, so I tell them no. They ask if I wrote a DA letter, and I tell them no (in all honesty). So then they talk to me, lol.

For the record. I have an announcement to make:

OTWO is no longer a Jehovah's Witness.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nope. Wouldn't really care either.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

IT might affect Wifey, but I am already DA'd. The ignorant bastards already treat me like shyte in public. Last week, perhaps the very second JW I ever knew [since the age of about 3 or 4 I think], the man who was my 'best man' at my wedding, whom I spent perhaps more hours with than any other for the past 50 years, ran like a scared rabbit when he saw me in the store. He turned so fast down an unintended aisle and to the express checkout, that I seriously wondered if I could have actually caught him, though I am 20 years his junior. Wifey was with me, and at least technically [at the moment] she is JW [though she will not ever go back]. I don't see how they could outdo that sort of insult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit