Right Now, Would U Be Affected If You Were To Be Disassociated or DF'd?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• iceguy
    iceguy

Snowbird can you make me an honorary black person so i'm not shunned anymore?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird can you make me an honorary black person so i'm not shunned anymore?

Would that I could!

I am shocked to find out about the extreme shunning done by some at the behest of the WT.

Sylvia

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I've said this before and I say it again: Black people - especially in the South - do not practice the hardcore shunning as espoused by the WT.

It's just not done!

Sylvia

Can I send hubby's family down for a lot of retooling???? His daughter just had a baby but his mother and sister refused to tell him. We found out when another person took pity on him and gave him a call. No pictures...just that it was a baby girl. It's his first grandchild and although he pretends it doesn't hurt him, it does...he just can't allow himself to dwell on it. sammieswife.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Probably not. My sister and brother already shun me. But it might make them less likely to speak with me when there is a serious illness, death, etc.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Can I send hubby's family down for a lot of retooling???? His daughter just had a baby but his mother and sister refused to tell him. We found out when another person took pity on him and gave him a call. No pictures...just that it was a baby girl. It's his first grandchild and although he pretends it doesn't hurt him, it does...he just can't allow himself to dwell on it. sammieswife.

That is just so wrong.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

I have almost no dealings with JWs except for my mother and those she's involved with. Still, to this point, most have been downright nice to me when they've seen me with her. Knowing that I care for many of her needs seems to make them have some respect for moi. But of course, "Mother" could change all that.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Quoting Stilla.....

It would might affect the relationship between me and the few family members left in - but otherwise - no big deal Quirky

• JeffT
    JeffT

It would have no effect at all, unless I decided to raise hell with them just for the fun of it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The witness family members we have don't associate with us now so an announcement will only cement in them what they already are doing .My husbands mother and step father only see us once a year now , and only call if someone is sick .That would probably stay the same because that's how they have treated his Df'd younger brother for many years .

All of my husbands step family quit associating with us when we stopped attending meetings . No one has ever come by to ask why or show any concern ...so screw them I don't care anymore !

My brother and his wife say they will continue associating with us until there is an announcement made .......which only makes perfect sense if your a Jehovah's Witness allowing a publishing company to make your personal family decisions for you .

The only family left that really matters to me would be my kids and daughter in law ,and all of them are now inactive . Even if they went back I don't think they would ever shun us .

Any announcement made really wouldn't affect me much ,other than the fun I would have waving and trying to make JW's say hi to me when I see them at Wal-mart .They wouldn't be allowed to talk to me doesn't mean I can't talk to them :)

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I just got "involuntarily DA'd" and it's great!

Oh, and Troubled Mind, I can't wait for the first time I see a dubbie. I'll walk right up to them and say "Hi, so-and-so, how are you doing?" just to watch 'em squirm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit