Right Now, Would U Be Affected If You Were To Be Disassociated or DF'd?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

It would be Hell on several fronts. My Father and sister are both hard-core. My mother is also now starting to worry me. Blasted assimilation.

• Scully
    Scully

It's impossible for my JW relatives to shun me more than they already do, so being DAd or DFd would make no difference to that situation.

The only reason that it might bother me is the fact that the labels are intended as a slur on one's character and are forms of defamation.

• PEC
    PEC

One less phone call every year or two, no loss here.

Philip

• yknot
    yknot

I don't want to think about that...... my whole life is my family!

I am not that brave.....yet

One of these would be my new bestfriend........ (Paxil, Lexapro and Prozac)

alt, or alt

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes--it would mean not having to worry about the upcoming Recapture and Roundup campaign this coming January. It would also mean being able to go to work without having to worry about being hounded and pestered to go to the boasting sessions while I am trying to work or being recaptured on my way from work. And not having to see those cockroach witlesses again.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I think I would be relieved.

• Mulan
    Mulan

none that I can think of................my mother is still a JW, but she never cut off my brother who has been df'd since the 70's. It might make it difficult to take her to lunch, but that's about it.

• minimus
    minimus

Going out to lunch would have to be done sneakily. Sad, really.

• blondie
    blondie

We have no contact with jw family and little with past jw "friends." It would make getting the publications a little more tricky. Inactive jws are viewed with suspicion.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

The only reason that it might bother me is the fact that the labels are intended as a slur on one's character and are forms of defamation.

I agree with Scully. No one wants to be the object of slander. But it still wouldn't convince me to go back. I don't take kindly to intimidation tactics.

On a happier note, Happy Birthday, Bumble Bee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit