let me get this straight...we ARE gonna grow OLD and Die???

by oompa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Undercover in the sexy Trenchcoat:

"Name one person in the entire history of mankind that has not died..."

I'll give you two... ENOCH and ELIJAH.

---------------------

" and then rationalize why we think we won't die. It's a crazy belief. Yet, 6 million JWs profess to have that hope of not dying."

Actually, the number is much larger than just 6 mil JWs (though their interpretation is totally whacky and different from these next....) >>> Most Bible-believing born-again Christians believe we are in the last generation (due to Israel becoming a nation again after 2,500 years in 1948, and NOT for the same reasons the WT does, ie, 1914 and all that); and that we will be "caught up alive" to "meet the Lord in the air" in our lifetime. Greek: Harpazo. Latin: Rapturo, hence, the Rapture.

1st Thess. 4:17:

"WE who ARE ALIVE AND REMAIN shall be CAUGHT UP together with them [the dead in Christ] in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air."

-------------------------------------

This chart may turn out to be a disaster, since I can't do quote/blocks, so here's the link just in case:
    http://www3.telus.net/thegoodnews/rapture3.htm

Contrast Between The Rapture and The Return Of Christ
    RAPTURE! vs. RETURN!

1. Christ Comes FOR His Own. ------- 1. Christ Comes WITH His Own.
    (John 14:3) (1 Thess.14:3) (2 Thess. 2:1) ------- (1 Thess.3:13) (Jude 14) (Rev. 19:14)

2. He Comes IN THE AIR. ------- 2. He Comes TO THE EARTH.
    (1 Thess. 4:17) ------- (Zech. 14:4) (Acts 1:11)

3. He CLAIMS His Bride. ------- 3. He Comes WITH His Bride.
    (1 Thess. 4:16-17) ------- (Rev. 19:6-14)

4. Removal Of BELIEVERS in Christ. ------- 4. Manifestation OF CHRIST.
    (1 Thess. 4:17) ------- ( Malachi 4:2)

5. Only HIS OWN See Him. ------- 5. EVERY EYE Shall See Him.
    (1 Thess. 4:13-18) ------- (Rev. 1:7)

6. Tribulation BEGINS. ------- 6. Millennial KINGDOM Begins.
    (2 Thess. 1:6-9) ------- (Rev. 20:1-7)

7. The Saved Are DELIVERED FROM Wrath. ------- 7. Unsaved EXPERIENCE The Wrath Of God.
    (1 Thess. 1:10; 5-9) ------- (Rev. 6:12-17)

8. NO SIGNS PRECEDE The Rapture. ------- 8. Signs DO PRECEDE The second Coming.
    (1 Thess. 4:13-18) ------- (Luke 21:11-15)

9. Focus: LORD AND CHURCH/HIS BODY/BRIDE. ------- 9. Focus: ISRAEL AND KINGDOM.
    (1 Thess. 2:3-12) ------- (Matt. 24:14)

10. World Is Deceived. ------- 10. Satan Is Bound.
    (2 Thess. 2:3-12) ------- (Rev. 20:1-2)

-----------------------------------------------------

Some think the rapture will actually cause the start of the Tribulation, but I'm not so sure about that. Me thinks WW3 will do that job all by itself.

--------------------------------------------------------

So Oompa:

"let me get this straight...we ARE gonna grow OLD and Die???"

Since you put that as a question, NO, NOT NECESSARILY. See above.

You could get run over by a truck tomorrow...

I could drop dead today...

I just passed the big 55, so I am 4 years away from the Big 6-0! Horrors! I don't like getting older either... it's a super duper D-R-A-G !!! But I have hope, not just "die a natural death" hope, but something the WT never taught, ie, "THE BLESSED HOPE" (Titus 2:13). Get the sense of it and you'll cope a whole lot betta!

/ag

• oompa
    oompa
    Witness007:you have enough cash to go out in a blaze of glory so what's the problem?

I have been very lucky in business....about the only thing I think....well I guess I was a good parent, as I have two great kids. But 007.....i would gladly trade the cash for the knees that I had when I was 25. I had surgery this year in one....and they both ache and do not feel strong. Hell... I want to play basketball and go backpacking with my sons!!......I used to do 20 miles a day with a 40 pound pack on the Applachian Trail dammit! And I am not in bad shape....and not even 50 yet....so these early aches and pains make me dread what lies ahead..........................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit