let me get this straight...we ARE gonna grow OLD and Die???

by oompa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How do you know when your dead?..Is there something special I should look for?..LOL!!...............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

This is a topic that I almost dare not bring up with my own mother.

All our lives we were taught that we would never grow old and die in this "system".

My father is gone now, and my mother is getting older and older. No retirement pension was set up because "the end was near". She will be depending on us (her children) and Social Security to get her through.

I don't mind supporting her financially. I feel good helping her out. What I do mind is the Watchtower telling all it's faithful followers the same damn drivel, week in and week out. I feel sorry for all those new ones still coming into the bOrg, not knowing their full history of lies and deception. I don't feel sorry for the older members who never had children, or never planned for retirement. It's their fault for putting their faith in men. Another scripture is in order here:

Psalms 146:3 (NIV) - "Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save."

I don't worry about my own mortality. My life is in Christ's hands.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Outlaw! You've outdone yourself with this one... I think I might actually quote you in "real life"!

"How do you know when you're dead? Is there something special I should look for?"

Priceless.

• loosie
    loosie

Well Oompa, I don't like growing old either. I wasn't even suppossed to go to school, and here I am with a daughter in jr. high school. That's why my mom didn't get my hip fixed when I was 2 yrs old. The big A was coming in 1975.

I look forward to getting older because I will be a grandma someday. I'm not afraid of dying. I think there is just another adventure after this life.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

yep,... it's time to wake up pal.

• mavie
    mavie

Look at it this way. You are also living RIGHT NOW! As you read these words you are alive. You just took another breath. Take a moment, sit still, and notice everything going on as you sit looking at the computer.

Did you notice your breath? What about any random sounds? What about temperature? What about your state of mind? Did your mind wonder?

Observe every moment.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yep. I'm gonna die... BOOO HOOO BOOO HOO...

It's gonna happen, it's gonna suck.... BOO HOO BOOO HOOO....

Why would I stay fascinated with this topic? I don't. I'm strong enough to realize that I'm going to die, it's gonna suck, everyone's gonna die, and Jesus Christ is nothing more to me than the fairy god mother. And if I'm wrong, I don't want to live under gods laws because he's a pretty shitty govener as it is. I'd hate to see what it's like in heaven.

Whew! Self-actualization is great.

Now, in honor of BA, I'll make some strange little comment at the end...

Shamus... glad to see some get it... nah, I can't think of anything cheezey enough.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

yOU STUIPID Axx DON'T FORGET " MILLIONS NOW LIVIING WILL NEVER DIE" tHATS O.K. YOUR WELCOME (LIGHT BULB BLEW... PUT IN THE BULB ) NEWLIGHT CAN NOW COME FORWARD.

• oompa
    oompa

I want what mavie is smokin or poppin..............oompa

death is a grand adventure now.....but the oldy part gettin there.......not lookin forward to it....nope, nada, none..........oompa

and i hope my brain goes before my prostate!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Like John Lennon said, you just get out of one car into another car.

Getting old? I'm not too keen on it, but I have accepted it.

"The things they do look awful cold. Hope I die before I get old."

Gosh, The Who's generation is gettin' old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e6_0jvlKik

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit