let me get this straight...we ARE gonna grow OLD and Die???

by oompa 61 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

My Witness relatives who shunned me because I believed they would die are mostly all dead.

I kind of like reality. I had problems with the fantasy living.

• oompa
    oompa

Ken P....you give me some hope since you are 72,and we will have to have that beer soon. I am already not crazy about middle age, and don't have a good feeling about the next 15 years.....and i just cant see myself at 72......i already am having some anger issues about not being able to do things i once loved

I had a bible study up your way once...super sweet old lady...and we became real friends...but i watched her much older husband die....for 9 years....he passed at 92 and was in a home his last 9 years...one year they cut his toes off....next year his foot....later his entire leg....she nearly lost her faith in god over the whole thing. Then i got to visit her when she went in, and thank goodness she went quickly in her sleep after just six months..........i definitely am not mentally prepared for this aging thing...........oompa

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    My Witness relatives who shunned me because I believed they would die are mostly all dead.

Priceless.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Realising ones mortality is i huge thing. We are going to die, and life will go on, the world will turn and soon no one will be around that knew us. Took me a while to make peace with it. I'm 32, and 'lagging behind' to a certain degree, got so much living to do.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have a theory on something.

I long ago made peace with the idea of dying in this so-called 'system'. Besides, I always had my doubts about their teaching of life everlasting on a paradise earth.

My theory is: lately there has been a larger number of JWs who claim to be anointed. Could this be because the average JW thinks the teaching of everlasting life is bogus to some degree??? Might they figure that well, 'I'm not really going to live on a paradise earth but maybe I can go to heaven, etc.' so they start to think in the other direction of heaven as their hope. We have to remember that there is a great degree of self-deception and delusion in the religion so it isn't that much of a stretch for some of them to train their mind to believe something else.

Just wondering.

LHG

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Hey oompa, how’s everything going?
    Yes man, you better start preparing for retirement, we are getting old, we are going to eat sh!t, and we are going to die!

No point asking when it is
    No point asking who's to go
    No point asking what's the game
    No point asking who's to blame
    'Cos if you're gonna die, if you're gonna die…

If you're gonna die, die with your boots on.

Take care,

Ismael

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I here what ya saying Oompa. We all were sold a false bill of goods. If you were born in you were told how this system will not last long enough for you to finish school. If you came in during your 20's you were led to believe you got in just in time cause the end is around the corner. If you came in during your twilight your told how soon, VERY SOON, the new sytem is gonna take away all your pains.

Its scary when I stop and realize I'm damn near 40.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Of course there is the classic advice of Albus percival wilfuric brian Dumbledore:

To the well organized mind, death is merely the next great adventure.
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

oompa

quietly leaving....i'll bite...why would you look forward to growing old?...just your top three reasons please.......oompa

1. I've had a very eventful life already

2. I'm looking forward to working my brain against the aging process - (I met an 80 yr last week who hopes to start the same course as me. (he did better than me too in answering all the aptitude questions)

3. I wanna see what its like for myself

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Brother Apostate doesn't sound apostate enough, lol... been reading that wacky fairytale book too much!

Oomps.. I hear ya man... I realized I was gonna die as a 35 year old JW... I couldn't sleep for months... and this was one help to get out... I realized that "worldly people were comfortable with their own mortality, yet I, in the "truth", could not handle it...

We have what we have... well, maybe, BA, a scripture is in order, after all...

"Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we may die"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit