I Saw My Mother's Time Slip

by StAnn 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The f**king mind-control cult is all about "counting time."

I saw the difference between an auxilary pioneer and a regular pioneer.
    The regular pioneer didn't accomplish more, they just learned how to
    count every last thing as "preaching" time, so it would naturally become
    that way for other "publishers" of the good news.

Am I understanding that you are creeped out that she might be counting
    time on YOU? I bet she is.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I HOPE that Reniaa comments on this thread!

StAnn

Don't hold your breath.

She usually avoids threads like this because she has no defense for the cult she wants to reloin.

BTW, that troll has been pretty busy on TOPIX lately.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That's some sad twisted stuff there. Sorry to hear your mom is so sick.

• Berean
    Berean

My heart really goes out to those still in the cult. I really wish there was a simple way to help them realize how false the JW religion is. So sad.

Berean

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

StAnn, I feel really sad for your mom worrying to that degree about being killed. And yeah, "counting time" for talking to her own mother is a very good example of how messed up that joint (jw-ville) is. So sorry you found that stuff, but really, there must be other ways of getting hardcopies of the mags than snooping in your momma's room. Not judging you for doing so, just saying that's a lame excuse. LOL //////// Hmmm, I wonder if my father was counting time the last time he preached to me (we speak for about an hour about once a year). It's entirely possible. *shrug*

• JW Walking Away
    JW Walking Away

I've never posted before but have been out of the org. for nearly a year now. I DA'd myself. Any who this reminded me of what I saw yesterday as I was making a last minute dash to the grocery store at 7am. Two witness ladies standing in front of the store chit-chatting with each other while holding up a watchtower magazine. They weren't paying any attention to all the people walking by them or attempting to talk with anyone, too wrapped up in their own conversation with each other. I fumed to myself knowing full well they were going to count all this as time preaching. It's pathetic how JWs pride themselves on preaching when all they do is make it look like they preach.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

JW Walking Away,

Welcome to posting at JWD!

If you want to make paragraphs, just uncheck the HTML box and check the "Automatic Cr/Lf" box located at the bottom of the posting box.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    So sorry you found that stuff, but really, there must be other ways of getting hardcopies of the mags than snooping in your momma's room. Not judging you for doing so, just saying that's a lame excuse. LOL

Go ahead and judge. Doesn't both me. Call it theocratic warfare! LOL! Besides, I have permission from my dad. (Community property rules? Can he allow me to take half of her literature as "his" half?)

I was looking at the time binder because I wanted a blank form to show my husband. He has a hard time believing things when I tell him about turning in time, etc., so I just wanted a blank form to show him.

Anyway, I only look for WTS stuff, never go through her personal papers or file cabinets or her jewelry box or her dresser or anything like that. I just go through her bookcase. If I knew of a way to get the literature without snooping, I would. When I opened the door this year when they were giving out memorial invitations and they saw it was me, they wouldn't even let me have a copy of the invitation! When I reached for it, they pulled it back and put it away! I'm becoming somewhat infamous as an avid apostate in my local area.

I do pick up literature at laundrymats but those are "public only" puke. Don't know how else to get KMs, etc. Any suggestions?

StAnn

• restrangled
    restrangled

Stann....not a good thing....

While she was enjoying her ill-gotten pseudo-patriotic feast, I slipped into her bedroom and did my usual snooping. I came across a binder where she has been keeping track of her time.

Usual snooping in her bedroom?.....Let it go. Her hours are her hours. Thats private business between her and the Society.

This reminds me of my mother snooping in my bedroom while I was in school to find a diary.....please....for your sanity....stop it.

r.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I don't come on as much so i'm not avoiding any particular threads accept maybe ones obviously fishing for negative experiences, bait threads. but back to your points, Stann

firstly I agree with whitedove there is no excuse for snooping into people's personal stuff, if you found your mum had being going through your private draws etc in your bedroom invading the privacy of your own home how would you feel?

I once saw someone on here mention they took opportunities to go though people computer histories and see what they looked up etc how bazaar/sad is that?

Well you did it and didn't like what you found (which is often the case), every witness knows it's to easy to find silly ways to count your time and your mum has one in her mum, I wouldn't have counted it as a witness I never did with family (This is an individual case that has to be taken as such), if you had found out openly you could have mentioned something to her but your hands are tied and if you blurt out the knowledge your mum will know of your own wrongful acts. There are other ways of getting the magazines you want not least of which is asking and or buying them off ebay.

The irony is however bad your mums actions in counting inappropiate time your own actions show you to also have little conscience in attaining your desired items so in this you and your mum show a distinct family resemblance, maybe the moral here is not to throw stones unless you are without sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit