Local Needs Talk....Why Are People Missing Meetings?

by bronzefist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

It's like drilling a hole in the bottom of your row boat and then when it starts to sink you blame the evil water for sinking it. Stupid! I don't care how many watchtowers you to stuff in that hole to keep it from sinking. It's still gonna sink. The best you can do is take your three remaining overworked passengers to keep bailing water till they burn out. They'll hate you for making the hole and deep down they know why it's sinking but they have no choice but to keep bailing.

Then the remaining ones decide to take a dive and swim to shore only to find there freinds waiting and dry. It's a mutiny and the captain just can't seem to figure out why nobody wants to come and swim back to the boat to hear his big mouth orders and do his pointless bailing for him.

Good analogy Tyrone. To find out that all they ever needed was right on shore along with their non witness friends and family. They never had to get in that crummy little boat. It never was safe even though they were told over and over to trust in them; that this was the only safe boat; that all the people on shore were only out to destroy them. This would make a good short story or cartoon strip.

I wonder how my mom would feel if I told her that they mention this at the meetings; that she is making the devil happy. It's creepy how they blame the devil on everything that goes wrong in life. She has been making horrible decisions and she feels that she is being pushed into making these decisions; something is forcing her. The devil made her do it. I had to assure her that it was her making the decisions and she was living with the consequences. It was not the devil forcing her to do these things.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

forgot to ad he said he has called me several times but i did not answer my cell....i said bullshit....i was his best man at his wedding!!.....i would never not answer his call....and told him so in a nice manner.........but geeze he never even left a message!..........liar

Oompa, I guess he forgets about modern technology. Most phones nowadays have caller ID on what calls they missed.

The Claw

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Well I for 1 may have a glass or two of wine after work. No way I could go to a meeting afterwards *shrug* ah the woes of life.

• besty
    besty

And now for the Local Needs item - 'Why So Many Missing Meetings?' - unfortunatley the brother down to give this talk hasn't made it yet tonight so we are going to end with song and prayer, if you could both stand up please when the music starts.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Besty: horrid flash back, can just about here the dirge "Looooyaaal Loooove goooooood iiiiis looove *vomit*

• garybuss
    garybuss

Local Needs Talk....Why Are People Missing Meetings?

They were beating that drum back in the 50's. Same old, same old!

It's easy to see why they stay with these tired old tactics. They work! There were only a few hundred thousand recognized members in the 50's. Counting to eight million now. I'd say that's pretty good business.

• VM44
    VM44
    ...PLEASE stop in on them to let them know THEY are making Satan Happy.

Then Satan must have been made REALLY happy when the bookstudy was done away with

Really, this sounds like the elders are talking to a bunch of five year olds!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good comments, all!

Actually, I think the brother meant that by missing the meetings, they're making Santa happy! They're making Baby Jesus happy, too!

We would have local needs talks about the problem of immodest dress... when none of the naked sisters were there to hear it.

And we would have local needs talks about the problem of gossip... then everybody would gossip about who the biggest gossip was who must be causing problems.

Meeting attendance is down because the meetings are the worst ever! The material is so old and threadbare. The "new" stuff makes no sense, like "this generation" now began in 33 CE... at the start of the Last Days... in 33 CE... wha???!!!

B the X

• calico
    calico

Cool--I'm making Santa happy!

• TonyT
    TonyT

If meetings are filled with such an overwhelming bounty of fine spiritual food why would denying one the wonderful privilege to partake of this banquet make a person selfish?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit