Local Needs Talk....Why Are People Missing Meetings?

by bronzefist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy
    It's like having ten kids and mistreating them while they grow up till you end up kicking out 7 of them out. Then you sit at the dinner table one day and notice there's only three people sitting there. You've made there lives miserable and dull by making nothing but rules and punishments but you tell the childrens aid " Well they just had a bad attitude." When it's you, that has the bad attitude and needs to be reformed.

This is what has happened to my family.

There are nine in my family, myself. my wife, seven children.

Now there are only three who are JWs , my wife and two daughters.

Only recently a daughter who rejected being a JW , asked her mother can't she see what the Watchtower has done to the family.

The mothers reply was that is wasn't the WT fault but that the rest of use had "rejected Jehovah."

It never enters her head to ask WHY the rest of us have "rejected Jehovah" , she would find that actually we reject the Watchtower .

But of course to a JW that is the same thing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Watchtower society opened the door for this slow-down when they announced the cancellation of one of the mid-week meetings starting next January. Supposedly to "save gas" and reduce the burden on the brothers and sisters.

It doesn't take much for the "brothers and sisters" to take the next logical step and start skipping now. After all, meeting attendance is a burden now. Why wait for January?

• Mary
    Mary
    Meeting attendance has NEVER been as low as it has been this year!

Really? Gee, what a shame......LOL!!

If anyone here knows of someone who is not attending meetings PLEASE stop in on them to let them know THEY are making Satan Happy.

Ding Dong! '..Hello Brother Slacker. We haven't seen you in a long time and we just wanted to pop by to tell you that you're making the Prince of Darkness happy by missing the meetings. Do you want to die at Armageddon which is right around the corner? Do you want to be blood guilty for not preaching The End to all your neighbours? Have a nice day!"

Ya....that would be real encouraging........

The world is full of selfish people that are controlled by Satan, and sad to say some of our brothers and sisters are also becoming as selfish."

Aaaaah.....not only are you making Satan the Debbil happy, but you're being a selfish swine in the process.......Forget the fact that you probably have a family to support and seeing as you took their advice years ago not to get a decent education, you now have to work Third Shift at the local plant in order to pay the rent and get medical benefits. Nope, you're just being a selfish bastard and/or beotch and deserve everlasting punishment for your lack of faith.

Golly.....with such an upbuilding, encouraging talk like this, I can't imagine why anyone who's missing meetings would not want to go racing back to the Kingdumb Hell at warp speed!!

Yep....the beatings will continue until morale improves....

• Quandry
    Quandry

PLEASE stop in on them to let them know THEY are making Satan Happy.

Why, yes, that should do it.......

• Honesty
    Honesty

JW's are starting to wake up.

When they wake up, they realise it's all a load of BS and the meetings are designed to promote magazine sales and reinforce the brainwashing they received when they were studying a Watchtower book before baptism.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Satan is the happy god???? Time for me to change teams then, Jehovah is such an angry old goose!

• dinah
    dinah

Am I the only one who see the humor in Bronze not being at the meeting to hear the talk that was directed at him and others who miss meetings? That's funny as hell! They have to tell the ones who show up to call the ones that don't to relay a message. Holy Spirit at work!!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I used to hate to give those local needs talks about meetings.

I recall the last time I was at an elders meeting where we discussed what topics we were going to have for local needs for the next 3 months....

of course meeting attendance was brought up..... I said..."why are we having that talk? If I hear Heb 10 ...one more time I will scream and so will a lot of other people. Its not the people who are here that need to hear it." Of course, the elders would still want to do the talk.... I would leak out what the topic was.....result? Even lowerr attendance..lol

Snakes ()

(nice, I cant remember the verses for that scripture I heard ad nauseum...thats progress)

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

It's like drilling a hole in the bottom of your row boat and then when it starts to sink you blame the evil water for sinking it. Stupid! I don't care how many watchtowers you to stuff in that hole to keep it from sinking. It's still gonna sink. The best you can do is take your three remaining overworked passengers to keep bailing water till they burn out. They'll hate you for making the hole and deep down they know why it's sinking but they have no choice but to keep bailing.

Then the remaining ones decide to take a dive and swim to shore only to find there freinds waiting and dry. It's a mutiny and the captain just can't seem to figure out why nobody wants to come and swim back to the boat to hear his big mouth orders and do his pointless bailing for him.

This is good.

• flipper
    flipper

BRONZEFIST- Great topic ! It is amazing that the elders are so " mind controlled " themslves as to not see the obvious reasons people are missing meetings. As one poster said, " Many are seeing it is all BS and are starting to leave. " People want their freedom of mind and clear thinking back after years of being dominated by Watchtowerville ! It's really Satanic of the WT society to keep people from seeking their freedom ! God forbid any of them try to seek happiness ! They might be labeled as " selfish " ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit